Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
Here's a collection of previous firmwares: http://www.kaser.com/ebooks.html
Actually, I had to remove those for a while. Being such large files and of interest to enough people, they caused my bandwidth usage to FAR exceed what was allowed by my ISP account. I hope to bring the archive of firmware downloads back online soon, but only time will tell for sure...
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #17
echoleaf
Connoisseur
echoleaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litterecholeaf doesn't litter

Device: Bebook, Cybook or eSlick?
All's well - we found our card reader, reformatted the card, and was able to successfully install the firmware (latest version). There was sumfin up with the copy of the firmware that was on there originally as I was able to backup everything else on the card, but got an error on the firmware. Looking forward to fighting over who gets to use it now!
echoleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:07 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Good!

Merry Christmas!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #19
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Being technician in a retiree's body, the question that comes to my mind is: If you couldn't find your card reader, how did you get the firmware onto the SD card to begin with? Just curious.

Btw, got my own holiday package and very warily processed the firmware update once the PPro was charged up. Everything is great, although occasionally I have run into a delay in page turning or menu selection. To the point once that I hit the power button and all the button presses immediately cycled, then it turned off. but other than that, I'm more than pleased.

Last edited by eGeezer; 12-27-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: changed "now" to "how"
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #20
echoleaf
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Being technician in a retiree's body, the question that comes to my mind is: If you couldn't find your card reader, how did you get the firmware onto the SD card to begin with? Just curious.
When the reader is connected via USB, the SD card appears as a removable drive (the built-in internal memory also appears as a removable drive).
Old 12-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoleaf View Post
When the reader is connected via USB, the SD card appears as a removable drive (the built-in internal memory also appears as a removable drive).
Oh, sorry, my misunderstanding.

You had said you followed the firmware instructions from the website which instruct loading the firmware onto the SD card and then inserting the SD card into the reader. They appear to assume the loading is done via a card-reader, not via the USB cable, so it the basis for my question.

Plus the fact that I have been doing all file transfers via a card-reader, except a final step of downloading a couple library books via ADE, which requires the USB connection. So I had sort of forgotten about the USB option.

Thanks for the answer. Glad you found your reader, tho.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #22
echoleaf
Connoisseur

Yes, upon re-reading after the screw-up I did notice that a card reader was implied. I glossed over that before, thinking the usb connection was enough. Now I know - and knowing is half the battle ;-)
Old 12-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #23
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Oh, sorry, my misunderstanding.

You had said you followed the firmware instructions from the website which instruct loading the firmware onto the SD card and then inserting the SD card into the reader. They appear to assume the loading is done via a card-reader, not via the USB cable, so it the basis for my question.

Plus the fact that I have been doing all file transfers via a card-reader, except a final step of downloading a couple library books via ADE, which requires the USB connection. So I had sort of forgotten about the USB option.

Thanks for the answer. Glad you found your reader, tho.
You can use the PEz as the card writer.

Then you power off and follow the instructions for update.

In many cases, the PEz is oh so much better than other brands.
Astak even ships most units with some books on the SD card.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote