Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2010, 06:03 AM   #106
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 70
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: none
I often read lying on my side so that reader and text are at 90 degree angle. 180 degree mode is great since then it won't try to turn the text.

What I am wondering if it is possible to get page turn work with this? Instead of page turns at -30 and 30 degrees I would need them to happen at 60 and 120 degrees.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #107
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kacir's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,726
Karma: 2899039
Join Date: May 2006
Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
What I am wondering if it is possible to get page turn work with this? Instead of page turns at -30 and 30 degrees I would need them to happen at 60 and 120 degrees.
There is menu option in settings. You can set angle from 20 to 70 degrees.
It works lying on side. I tried.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Enthusiast
Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #108
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter
 
IndecisiveMe's Avatar
 
Posts: 276
Karma: 106
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I'm not sure what I'm doing but I've tried every setting and I cannot get the page turn to work properly. I've tried sitting up with the reader straight, but it seems to turn itself off. I've tried lying down with the reader on an angle and that's just a nightmare.

Has anyone got any tried and true, never fails, method they'd like to share?
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #109
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese
 
orwell2k's Avatar
 
Posts: 357
Karma: 1112
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Euroland
Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I'm not sure what I'm doing but I've tried every setting and I cannot get the page turn to work properly. I've tried sitting up with the reader straight, but it seems to turn itself off. I've tried lying down with the reader on an angle and that's just a nightmare.

Has anyone got any tried and true, never fails, method they'd like to share?
This is what works for me:

(1) Open FBReader Config Menu (with book open, bottom right corner of pop-up menu dialog)
(2) Go to 'Rotate' and press 'OK'
(3) Select menu item '180°+FAST prev/next page'
(4) Go to 'Page turn angle' and select your preference (I choose 20°)
(5) Exit Config menu ('back' button to return to book)
(6) Open FBReader menu and choose rotation settings (centre right of pop-up menu dialog)
(7) Press 'OK' - this will choose the centre 'ring' meaning the gyro sensing will be accepted.
(8) Wait until the book 'repaginates' - the status bar will show no page numbering and a book symbol with 3 dots (...) in the lower left corner - once done, the page numbering and % read bar will re-appear.
(9) Rotate the book and the pages should turn!

* To get it going, you may need to do an initial page turn with the buttons, then it should pick up your wrist turns - I don't always need this when I follow the above sequence.

** The app does have a habit of going to sleep after a while, requiring a further use of a button page turn to kick it off again. Also, I have an auto-keypad-lock time set, so after not using buttons for a while my keypad locks on me!... annoyinf but not life-threatening!...

Experiment a little with comfortable positions for holding the book, sensitivity of the turn angle, etc. to suit your needs. Apparently you can set a high turn angle to allow holding the book 'sideways' whilst lying on your side to read (see somewhere above) - I haven't tried this yet but intend to!

Last edited by orwell2k; 05-06-2010 at 10:18 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #110
JimMcLaren
Groupie
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimMcLaren's Avatar
 
Posts: 175
Karma: 1004764
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook STR, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
By the way, will the graynm version of FBReader work on PB302?
PB302 does not have up, down, left, right keys so some things are implemented by gestures. Are gestures serviced by operating system or by FBReader itself?
I installed fb reader on my 302 today. Everything works with two minor exceptions. Gestures to change font sizes are inconsistent. They sometimes work, mostly don't. Since I don't often change font sizes that's not a problem. I can always change font in the original reader and the changes are saved in fbreader180. To get the accelerometer to work I often have to go into FB reader settings. If I immediately exit, everything works. Trying to wake it up with the page buttons doesn't seem to work. All in all, a great program.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #111
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter
 
IndecisiveMe's Avatar
 
Posts: 276
Karma: 106
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
This is what works for me:

(1) Open FBReader Config Menu (with book open, bottom right corner of pop-up menu dialog)
(2) Go to 'Rotate' and press 'OK'
(3) Select menu item '180°+FAST prev/next page'
(4) Go to 'Page turn angle' and select your preference (I choose 20°)
(5) Exit Config menu ('back' button to return to book)
(6) Open FBReader menu and choose rotation settings (centre right of pop-up menu dialog)
(7) Press 'OK' - this will choose the centre 'ring' meaning the gyro sensing will be accepted.
(8) Wait until the book 'repaginates' - the status bar will show no page numbering and a book symbol with 3 dots (...) in the lower left corner - once done, the page numbering and % read bar will re-appear.
(9) Rotate the book and the pages should turn!

* To get it going, you may need to do an initial page turn with the buttons, then it should pick up your wrist turns - I don't always need this when I follow the above sequence.

** The app does have a habit of going to sleep after a while, requiring a further use of a button page turn to kick it off again. Also, I have an auto-keypad-lock time set, so after not using buttons for a while my keypad locks on me!... annoyinf but not life-threatening!...

Experiment a little with comfortable positions for holding the book, sensitivity of the turn angle, etc. to suit your needs. Apparently you can set a high turn angle to allow holding the book 'sideways' whilst lying on your side to read (see somewhere above) - I haven't tried this yet but intend to!
Thanks for all that, I was really hoping it would work. I still cannot consistently get it working (even if I rotate my reader 360 degrees physically). Every now and then I can get it to turn to previous pages, but rarely can I get it to go forward. It always seems to get stuck on the page I'm up to.

I have my clock set to update all the time, is there any chance that could be affecting it? That's the only main setting I've changed that I can of that might make a difference.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #112
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mtravellerh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,613
Karma: 1609196
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Thanks for all that, I was really hoping it would work. I still cannot consistently get it working (even if I rotate my reader 360 degrees physically). Every now and then I can get it to turn to previous pages, but rarely can I get it to go forward. It always seems to get stuck on the page I'm up to.

I have my clock set to update all the time, is there any chance that could be affecting it? That's the only main setting I've changed that I can of that might make a difference.
No, the clock is not getting in the way of how fbreader works. This is still pretty much in beta as far as the 302 is concerned and I'm afraid that you might have to hang in there for a while as the developper of fbreader180 is a pure amateur and can't dedicate all of his time to this app.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:49 AM   #113
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter
 
IndecisiveMe's Avatar
 
Posts: 276
Karma: 106
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I've got a 360, not a 302 and if one person has it working well, I can't imagine why I'm having problems.

It's not a huge problem at all, it's just an extra added bonus, really
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #114
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mtravellerh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,613
Karma: 1609196
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I've got a 360, not a 302 and if one person has it working well, I can't imagine why I'm having problems.

It's not a huge problem at all, it's just an extra added bonus, really
Please try to recalibrate your g-sensor.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #115
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 30
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2009
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I've got a 360, not a 302 and if one person has it working well, I can't imagine why I'm having problems.

It's not a huge problem at all, it's just an extra added bonus, really
I had problems at first also but I got it working following the instructions EXACTLY. Mine also sometimes goes to sleep and stops working but using the manual buttons usually starts it again but sometimes I have to repeat the following steps

(3) Select menu item '180°+FAST prev/next page (again)
plus
use the manual page turn for initial page turn.

It is a little quirky but when it is working, it is a great option.
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #116
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter
 
IndecisiveMe's Avatar
 
Posts: 276
Karma: 106
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert View Post
I had problems at first also but I got it working following the instructions EXACTLY. Mine also sometimes goes to sleep and stops working but using the manual buttons usually starts it again but sometimes I have to repeat the following steps

(3) Select menu item '180°+FAST prev/next page (again)
plus
use the manual page turn for initial page turn.

It is a little quirky but when it is working, it is a great option.
I've just recalibrated, so I'll give it another go tonight.

So far, my problem has been that it goes to sleep straight away, as in I can't even use it for a couple of minutes. I can move forward or back with my buttons, but that doesn't start the flip up again.

Does anyone know of a video that displays this? Maybe I've doing something wrong, even though I follow those instructions exactly.

It's not a big deal if I don't get it working, seriously, it's just a really cool option to have.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #117
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.
 
Posts: 180
Karma: 1606
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
Version 0.9.0

* added new footnote mode: small footnotes can be displayed in baloon dialog
* small fixes

Schnitzelbrain
It looks like there is some problem with processing of EPUB file with that structure.
Especially when each chapter is placed to separate file.
I'm still not understand why.
One last question on that:
how does the FBReader detect to do the pagebreak, does it look for "chapter" or another special word ?
Maybe I can modify my epubs by hand to get the pagebreak recognised.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 AM   #118
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese
 
GrayNM's Avatar
 
Posts: 30
Karma: 1004
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow region
Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
One last question on that:
how does the FBReader detect to do the pagebreak, does it look for "chapter" or another special word ?
Maybe I can modify my epubs by hand to get the pagebreak recognised.
FBReader just inserts pagebreak before every non-first chapter.
In your file every chapter is placed into separate file. epub is archive of that files.

Possibly chapter counter is cleared on every file opening. So every chapter is accounted as first.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #119
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.
 
Posts: 180
Karma: 1606
Join Date: Apr 2010
Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
FBReader just inserts pagebreak before every non-first chapter.
In your file every chapter is placed into separate file. epub is archive of that files.

Possibly chapter counter is cleared on every file opening. So every chapter is accounted as first.
Found it, the problem was the missing "contents" of the book. Adjusted calibre to do propper Contents and Pagebreaks.

Thanks and Karma to you

Sorry you have to wait for the Karma, but I dont forget you

Last edited by Schnitzelbrain; 05-11-2010 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Karma
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #120
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese
 
GrayNM's Avatar
 
Posts: 30
Karma: 1004
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Moscow region
Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
the problem was the missing "contents" of the book.
Ok.
Can you send me the correct variant too? It's interesting to compare them.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to get page breaks before and after images (using epubs In & Out) lhgrappler Calibre 9 10-06-2010 11:57 AM
weird problem with grays fbreader 0.9.3 on Pocketbook 360: franklekens PocketBook 2 09-07-2010 04:28 AM
Problem with grays fbreader 0.9.2 on Pocketbook 360: readerreader PocketBook 6 09-01-2010 04:42 AM
Pocketbook: No page breaks between chapters. Oxford-eBooks PocketBook 20 05-12-2010 12:53 AM
Book Designer Sounds & Page Breaks pitolee Sony Reader 6 04-15-2007 05:46 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.