Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #1711
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
Thank you for developing PRS+! It's really useful.

I have one suggestion though. For x50 models, it shows the three most recently added books on the homepage. Is it possible to show the most recently read books instead?
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #1712
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
It is possible and will be implemented at some point. Not top priority though.

PS
@others
I read all posts, will keep your FRs in mind.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #1713
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremifaso View Post
Thank you for developing PRS+! It's really useful.

I have one suggestion though. For x50 models, it shows the three most recently added books on the homepage. Is it possible to show the most recently read books instead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
It is possible and will be implemented at some point. Not top priority though.
In the meantime, you may want to check out this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107826
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #1714
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
@kartu Cool Thanks!

@Bilbo1967 Thanks for the suggestion! I do notice that we have that handy little tool, but it would be way more convenient if it is incorporated into PRS+, so we don't have to modify the list everytime we read a new set of books.
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #1715
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

2.0.10alpha is out for all supported models.
"all in one" setup exe files (contain base flasher + most recent PRS+) are available for 650 & 950.

Setup for 350 awaits volunteer with kamikaze attitude (I couldn't have tested this one as I don't have PRS-350).

PS
I'll update the first post shortly. All major changes are reflected in changelog.
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #1716
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@kartu, Please can you clarify something for me.

I have Windows XP, a PRS650 and the Boroda 1.05j custom firmware installed. Although I considered installing your previous PRSPlus preview alpha version, I decided, in the end, to wait until the official full installer was available.

Now that it is available can I just install it over the top of the Boroda version or do I have to do something else first?

[Edit:] Additional question. If I use the all-in-one installer will I still need to create a user.config file to point to the Boroda userStyle.css, or can I just setup all my CSS files in the normal PRSPlus directory? I have been using PRSPlus on my PRS505 for a long time so I am familiar with its general usage.

Last edited by jackie_w; 03-12-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: another question
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #1717
superooberman
superooberman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle,sony prs-350
Quote:
Setup for 350 awaits volunteer with kamikaze attitude (I couldn't have tested this one as I don't have PRS-350).
i'll be the guinea pig for the 350 if you still need one
superooberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #1718
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Will the standby "wallpaper" feature be implemented for 300 or 505? I would like to be able to send the cover of a book to a directory and have it displayed on standby.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #1719
kartu
PRS+ author

jackie_w
Quote:
Now that it is available can I just install it over the top of the Boroda version or do I have to do something else first?
You can install it over the boroda's version.

Quote:
If I use the all-in-one installer will I still need to create a user.config file to point to the Boroda userStyle.css
No. And it will also install CSS file that points to LRF fonts.

superooberman
I'll PM you a link shortly. Please try it only if you really are ok with idea that your reader might brick.

dwanthy
Quote:
Will the standby "wallpaper" feature be implemented for 300 or 505?
At some point yes, but not at the moment.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #1720
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
I just upgraded my prs-300 to the 10.alpha version, worked fine, thanks for the hard work.

I changed the default book font to Fontin following this guide:

http://translate.google.com.br/trans...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

To create the font, I used this program: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71999

If anyone want change the default font and uses the Sony Reader Library program, you'll have to put your modified font on the Sony Reader Library installation folder or it will mess with the pages flow when you copy a book to your reader using it.

I tried this because I don't like the left justification in epubs but the sony default font for lrfs files is a bit ugly.

Sorry my bad english. ^_^

Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #1721
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
I have the boroda firmware and the 2.09 alpha installed on my 650.
I unzipped the PRSP_650_2.0.10alpha_Installer.zip in the root of my 650 and rebooted, but nothing happens, my sony reboot as usual, nothing installed.
Any hints?
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #1722
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewandeep View Post
I have the boroda firmware and the 2.09 alpha installed on my 650.
I unzipped the PRSP_650_2.0.10alpha_Installer.zip in the root of my 650 and rebooted, but nothing happens, my sony reboot as usual, nothing installed.
Any hints?
Install instructions from which page did you follow?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #1723
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Install instructions from which page did you follow?
From wiki:
Updates could also be installed manually by unpacking PRSPInstaller into internal memory and restarting the reader, as with 600.
so from the 600:
1)"Unlock" your reader using "PRSP 600 base flasher by amutin" (use the latest version) (check "installing base image" below) SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU ALREADY HAVE BASE FLASH. You need to do this step only once (it won't do harm if you do it twice, but it simply makes no sense)
2) Unzip PRSP_600...Installer to the root of the internal memory of the reader.
3) Restart the reader (there is no installer UI), installer will do all necessary steps during startap (invisible to the user, takes a couple of seconds).
Delete PRSPInstaller folder from internal memory

Of course, I skipped the step 1 as I have the boroda and 2.0.9 already installed.
But when the reader restart nothing happens and the redear restart as usual.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #1724
kartu
PRS+ author

I see. I've updated the wiki. You also need to have "launcher" in your internal memory. In case of boroda this one.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:55 AM   #1725
noxx
Enthusiast
noxx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi,

thx for the new version. i found some transaltion-errors (german). how can i change this?

regard
noxx is offline   Reply With Quote