Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
....or he managed to purchase an Iliad and is afraid we'll take it away from him if he tells us...:-)
If I had the iLiad I wouldn't hang around on the Net but would start to read my 92745982345243 e-books that I've always wanted to read
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #17
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
my opinion:

The guys at iRex have realized something...

There are peolpe out there (us) who want to buy their device...NOW....and in large numbers too.
So they decided to delay and make some "adjustments" to their "direct-to-customer" sales. They probably want to add some more reader software out of the box as well.

What do you think?
Quite possible. My secret hope is that they are waiting on Mobipocket and legally can't tell us till the deal is sealed.

Edit:

Oooh. Check this quote from Angel Ancin at iRex Technologies posted at www.teleread.org

"Main reason for delay is e-commerce problems (technical delays in the webshop itself) and inclusion of additional software goodies to be announced. (Unfortunately, I can not disclose yet)"

I really hope those "goodies" include Mobipocket.

Last edited by pitcher23; 04-28-2006 at 01:30 PM.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #18
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
All I'm saying is to give them some slack. There's no conspiracy at work here to keep you from buying your beloved Iliad. The actual reason for the delay is irrelevant, just as long as the final product is good. Some people here are obsessing over this thing. (Yes, you are!) Maybe it sucks and you wouldn't want it anyway.
I would be perfectly happy to wait until August provided that they gave us a great final product. My only beef would be if the reasons they give us were less than honest. So far I see no evidence on this, hence my speculating on it. I look for this standard in any company I purchase from and am not saying Irex is guilty of it.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #19
haasiesoft
Enthusiast
haasiesoft began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
http://www.teleread.org/blog/?p=4764

/Quote :
We are delayed. The new date is expected throughout May.

Main reason for delay is e-commerce problems (technical delays in the webshop itself) and inclusion of additional software goodies to be announced. (Unfortunately, I can not disclose yet)

Most likely around May 10th, we will (finally) start actively using our website for communication.

We will confirm the list of countries and launch dates soon in that environment.

Please check regularly www.irextechnologies.com from the first week of May onwards.

/Quote

I think it will be first of May .... 2007 :-)

What´s about Sony ...
haasiesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:08 AM   #20
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Mobipocket has a special version of their reader for the Pepper Pad (mentioned somewhere in their forum).
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote