Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
marktsullivan
marktsullivan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
bestselling author freed

Hi,
My name is Mark T Sullivan. I'm the author of seven internationally bestselling and award-winning novels. I recently decided to take my backlist free, starting with my novel, The Purification Ceremony, which was published in 14 languages, a finalist for the Edgar Allen Poe Award and winner of the WH Smith Fresh Talent Award. Fellow mobileread member Asparrow calls the book one of the best values at Smashwords. com. The book is available in all digital formats at www.smashwords.com/books/view/4671, and through my website www.marktsullivan.com.
I hope you enjoy it!

Mark
marktsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR

It is always great when authors join and participate in our forums. I read The Purification Ceremony when it came out and ventured on to your other works.

Thank you for putting your book on Smashwords. We are an international forum of many devices and appreciate (and like to support) authors who take note of that.

Please join in the discussions and ask questions if you want to learn or would like clarification. There are many friendly, knowledgeable members who will jump in and answer (or point you in the right direction).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
marktsullivan

Hi Dreams,

Glad you enjoyed the Purification Ceremony when it came out. I actually think that free backlists (at least digitally) are the future, and I'm trying to embrace it!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktsullivan View Post
Hi Dreams,

Glad you enjoyed the Purification Ceremony when it came out. I actually think that free backlists (at least digitally) are the future, and I'm trying to embrace it!
It's a great idea. It reminds past readers of your name and your work plus it entices new readers to give an unknown-to-them author a try.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Hi,
My name is Mark T Sullivan. I'm the author of seven internationally bestselling and award-winning novels. I recently decided to take my backlist free, starting with my novel, The Purification Ceremony, which was published in 14 languages, a finalist for the Edgar Allen Poe Award and winner of the WH Smith Fresh Talent Award. Fellow mobileread member Asparrow calls the book one of the best values at Smashwords. com. The book is available in all digital formats at www.smashwords.com/books/view/4671, and through my website www.marktsullivan.com.
I hope you enjoy it!

Mark

Dear Mark - will check out your book. When seeing the title for your posting, it sounded like some author had been let out of jail - LOL!

bookratt
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
It's a great idea. It reminds past readers of your name and your work plus it entices new readers to give an unknown-to-them author a try.
Backed. Free (and "shared") ebooks have led me to purchase books I never would have considered. They're a win for both readers and authors.

I'm going to give PC a read. Thanks, Mark!
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 650, Ipod Touch
Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum... I have downloaded your book, and I'm looking forwards to the others becoming available.

Thank you
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #8
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Thanks Mark, downloaded too, and on my TBR list !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
marktsullivan

Thanks

Thank you all for downloading. Let me know what you think. You can e-mail me at my website: mark@marktsullivan.com
Old 12-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, K3
Quote:
Hi,
I hope you enjoy it!

Mark
Hi Mark! Just downloaded this & can't wait to read it. Thanks for making this available for free!

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
marktsullivan

tell your friends

Thanks again to all who have downloaded The Purification Ceremony for Free. Tell your fellow ebookies!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
A Nonny Mouse
Connoisseur
A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505
Thanks for this Mark.

When I first saw that the protagonist was female I was not sure if it was my kind of book - how wrong I was - a great story excellently crafted, an exceedingly good read.

I will be reading more of your work.
A Nonny Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #13
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Thanks Mark. I was searching for thrillers and code-breaking books and every site showed me only Dan Brown's books after some more searching, i saw your book triple cross and it had great reviews, so I decided to buy it on amazon (not embarrased to say that I bought a used version for $5 shipped). I have an ebook reader, but it was about $18-20 where I saw it first... (obviously I didn't find smashwords until now)
But now I will be downloading PC and I hope I have time to read it, though i've been very busy lately and I don't see that improving :sadwalk:

thanks for the opportunity to read the book

edit:
one comment is that smashwords website is extremely slow, it was almost painful
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:50 AM   #14
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Intiguing premise. Downloaded! Thanks, Mark.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #15
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Mini, Kindle Fire HD, iPhone 5
Awesome! Sounds fabulous; I have downloaded it. (I agree, Smashwords was very slow.) Thank you so much!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author freed