Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Video editing software for Windows?

Can anyone recommend any free or low-cost software for Windows that can edit MPEG2 video?

I've just got a TV tuner for my laptop which allows me to record programmes as MPEG2, but I'd like to be able to cut out the commercial breaks, and remove unwanted material from the start and end of the recording, just as I can with my hard disk DVD recorder.

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
This one is free and designed around what you intend to do http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Mpg2Cut2 I haven't used it, so your mileage may vary

EDIT:

Homepage for the tool: http://rocketjet4.tripod.com/Mpg2Cut2.htm

Direct Rapidshare Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/254078521/Mpg2Cut2_9710.zip

EDIT 2:

Here's another called 'Cutterman' http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Cuttermaran

Last edited by Moejoe; 11-22-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
I like Videoredo < http://www.videoredo.com/ >. It's not free but very good, IMO.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Try Avidemux.

It is frankly the best out there and it's free and Open Source, too!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks - appreciate the suggestions.