Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Calibre 0.6.21 throws lots of errors

Ever since I upgraded Calibre I'm getting all kinds of errors. I can't convert some books and every time I try to eject my reader I get the message "AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'carb_b_view'

This is the complete info on that error:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'Main' object has no attribute 'carb_b_view'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 239, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 770, in device_detected
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 753, in save_device_view_settings
AttributeError: 'Main' object has no attribute 'carb_b_view'

I've been spoiled with how amazing Calibre is, because I'm totally frustrated right now!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I do not know of any reason why the 0.6.21 release should be having problems with conversions. It works fine for me.

Regarding the eject eror, Kovid had indicated that the exception was basically cosmetic.
Regardless it is due to be fixed in the next release and this must be about due.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I do not know of any reason why the 0.6.21 release should be having problems with conversions. It works fine for me.

Regarding the eject eror, Kovid had indicated that the exception was basically cosmetic.
Regardless it is due to be fixed in the next release and this must be about due.
It's a bit more than cosmetic, because it won't let me eject my reader. I have to do that from the computer rather than via Calibre and then Calibre doesn't realize the reader is gone. I'm currently quitting Calibre first and then ejecting the reader via My Computer.

Quitting Calibre also throws that error, but it still allows me to quit.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I have had issues with sending pdf converted to epub to my device (PRS-505) with Calibre 0.6.21 as well as with Calibre 0.6.23 which I downloaded 2 hours ago hoping it would solve said issues. Thiis is new to me, until the version .21 I have never had those problems with calibre and well over 2000 books.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Marcy: That error should be fixed in 0.6.23

@aceflor: You have to provide more details about what error you are experiencing if you want help
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, just did in other thread (505 and sending problems), so maybe I am double posting, but to be sure here again the error message I am getting when trying to transfer to my 505 :

(82, 'The directory or file cannot be created')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 57, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 224, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 123, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 755, in create_upload_path
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 82] The directory or file cannot be created: u'I:\\Author Name'

Thank you for your great support, and of course your fantastic software, kovidgoyal
Old 11-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

this is when you are sending to the SD card?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
aceflor
Wizard

Yep, in the B slot.

Edited to say : Further information: Calibre does not eject my 505 anymore

Last edited by aceflor; 11-14-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you've reached the FAT16 limit on the number of files in a single directory. Try reformatting your card with the FAT32 filesystem. WHat happens when you eject?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
aceflor
Wizard

While I am copying my file from my SD card to my harddisk before reformatting, I'll answer your Q: if I eject, the device does not show anymore on calibre, BUT is still there in my Windows explorer. If i then try to eject it, I get the message that the volume is being used (by calibre, I suppose) and cannot be safely ejected.

As soon as my books are saved, I'll try to reformat the card and will keep you informed on the result.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you've reached the FAT16 limit on the number of files in a single directory. Try reformatting your card with the FAT32 filesystem. WHat happens when you eject?
It works ! You are my hero !!