Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
readinglady
Old soul, young heart
readinglady began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs - 600
Exclamation Help! Vista problem

Hey! first of all, thanks you! Because of you and your excellent forum, I finally decided to buy a Sony Reader... I currently live in Mexico, but my reader has made my trip! It's great!

Anyway, I have a problem. I was charging my prs 600 (connected to a windows vista pc) when a power failure occurred and the pc was rebooted! when i logged in again, a message came on screen telling me that "the usb disk was damaged and needed to be checked for errors"... I checked the disk, but everytime i log back in and connect my reader, the same message shows up...

I must clarify that I can use my eBook Library and calibre just fine, and I don't seem to have any other problems... but what can I do to solve this issue?

is there a way to "hard reset" my device so vista can re-detect it? Would this solve my problem?

thanks!
readinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
Are you using any sdcard or memory card in the reader by any chance ?

If so , formatting the card should take care of problems , if you have books in the card then running the chkdsk /f command should do fine too
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
readinglady
Old soul, young heart
readinglady began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs - 600
ok! sorry it took so long, but work has been crazy! I did what pakiyabhai suggested but nothing... then i tried to hard reset the device and that did the trick... but i lost my bookmarks and default files (the 2 mp3 files and courtesy book extracts that came with the device). Apart from that, everything is working fine! Thank you so much! Greetings from sunny Mexico!
readinglady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard reset, prs 600, vista connection