Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Evangelist
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Astak 5" has locked up

I don't know what to do about this thing. I'm supposed to be reviewing it for TeleRead, but can't when it doesn't work. :P

It locked up and I tried to reboot it. I've tried everything—the reset button, even removing the battery, but I can't get it to start again.

I can update the firmware just fine, but when it says press any key to reboot, nothing happens. It just goes "beep beep beep beep" when I press the power button. If I plug it in, the light cycles between green and red.

Help?
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post

I can update the firmware just fine, but when it says press any key to reboot, nothing happens. It just goes "beep beep beep beep" when I press the power button. If I plug it in, the light cycles between green and red.

Help?
The red <-> green means it is charging.
Turn it OFF.
You should see a large "battery" with a lightning bolt.
LEAVE IT OFF.
Let it charge for a few hours minimum, or better yet until the "un-Plug" shows
in place of the "battery charging" icon. (Use the supplied charger for a faster charge)

FWIW My first few charges took almost 12 hours to shsow the "un-plug" symbol, now it shows up in about 4 hours from a 1 bar state.

At 1 bar, the time to auto-shutdown is quite short. Never "flash" with 2 bars or less showing.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Chris, you could also call Bob Barry

Quote:
I don't know what to do about this thing. I'm supposed to be reviewing it for TeleRead, but can't when it doesn't work. :P

It locked up and I tried to reboot it. I've tried everything—the reset button, even removing the battery, but I can't get it to start again.

Help?
Dear Chris:

During any review we are particularly aware that some reviewers need help. Please just contact Astak.

The problem you have going is simply LOW CHARGE. All new devices take a while for the battery level gauge to work fully in concert with the battery. The gauge "learns" after 3-4 charges what is full and what is empty.

I did ask you to please read our FAQ sheet at www.theEZreader.com (under "support"). That would have given you the answer.

Follow Dale's advice in this thread and you will be fine.

AND... I will email you to make sure all is right!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: AVTN8; BBMini; Onyx Boox T68; SGN8
Quote:

Help?
I had the same problem. Even when I charged it, it wouldn't start up again. So, I left it in the charger for a few hours and suddenly, it booted (without me doing anything!)... It looks like if it's too empty, it refuses to start up.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote