Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #46
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Yes but what condition are their covers in ?

Personally I consider only those ebooks that are in "as new" condition no dog eared pages or torn covers !

Last edited by mXb; 01-16-2013 at 10:34 AM.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #47
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Second hand ebooks? Yeah right...
It sounds unlikely, I know, but there is in fact one reputable ebook publisher/vendor that does allow you to legally resell their ebooks.

My favourite tech ebookstore, O'Reilly (http://oreilly.com) have an explicit statement to that effect...

"Resale: If you buy an O'Reilly ebook, when you are done with it you may resell it, provided that you do not retain any copies of the book after you sell it."

http://shop.oreilly.com/category/cus...vice/ebooks.do

Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #48
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillmer View Post
It sounds unlikely, I know, but there is in fact one reputable ebook publisher/vendor that does allow you to legally resell their ebooks.

My favourite tech ebookstore, O'Reilly (http://oreilly.com) have an explicit statement to that effect...

"Resale: If you buy an O'Reilly ebook, when you are done with it you may resell it, provided that you do not retain any copies of the book after you sell it."

http://shop.oreilly.com/category/cus...vice/ebooks.do

Rachel
Interesting... I've not noticed that before. I know if you buy one of their physical books, you can register it and pay $5 to upgrade to the eBook. They even encourage you to "recycle" the physical copy by donating it to a library. I've bought a number of books directly from them and admire their policies (including DRM free and multiple formats).
hwlester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #49
bibliosaur
bibliosaur began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, nook simple touch
Bibliosaur

I confess, I am posting about my own site, but I'll defend myself by pointing out that I am unlikely to profit from it, I'm just a SAHM trying to entertain myself! If you consider this self-promoting (though I am not promoting my own book) please just tell me and I'll remove myself. I really just started writing the site because I wanted it, but thought it would be something worth sharing.

http://www.bibliosaur.com allows you to search for books you want (digital and print) and it will email you when your books become available at the price you want. Bibliosaur uses Google to authenticate, so no need to create any accounts. Also, because I'm not concerned about profits, I search Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Google Play and will be adding more. So this isn't just a kindle thing.

Anyways, I'd be interested in feedback. Please let me know what you think and what you'd like to see.

To people outside of the US: I've heard your complaints about being left out. If you have interest in this kind of site, let me know and I will add you to my list of updates.
bibliosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #50
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad, Kindle PW, iPhone
That looks interesting. I am outside the USA. France, greater europe.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #51
mrevent
Connoisseur
mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.mrevent goes to eleven.

Device: kindle 3w; dxg
Just found ebookfinder.org. It has quite a nice design with multiple search boxes on one page (I wonder whether the same framework could be used to build a customizable multi search engine) to find primarily French and English ebooks.
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #52
tlc
Connoisseur
tlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beautytlc does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliosaur View Post
http://www.bibliosaur.com allows you to search for books you want (digital and print) and it will email you when your books become available at the price you want.
This is the kind of thing I came to mobile read looking for this morning. There are a lot of books I've already read that I would buy in ebook form if I stumbled on them when the price was low enough. But I didn't want to search for them everyday.

Is there any competition in this area?
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #53
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
This is the kind of thing I came to mobile read looking for this morning. There are a lot of books I've already read that I would buy in ebook form if I stumbled on them when the price was low enough. But I didn't want to search for them everyday.

Is there any competition in this area?
Try my site, Luzme.

http://luzme.com

It searches all the main ebook stores in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and India. I'll start adding the main European countries in the next few weeks; please get in touch if there's any country you're particularly interested in.

And it works with your existing wish lists so no need to re-enter all the books if you have a wish list at Amazon, Goodreads or LibraryThing.

You can set a price limit, so if you only want to be notified about books under $5, for example, no problem!

Rachel
Old 07-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #54
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Fore free eBooks check our wiki. http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks There is a list of search engines on the page.

Dale
DaleDe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #55
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Fore free eBooks check our wiki. http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks There is a list of search engines on the page.

Dale
I must add this is an excellent source, and saves a lot of delving for free sites.
.... how true ....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #56
dachengruoque
dachengruoque began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
great to learn that there are so many sites for searching ebooks over the web thanks a lot
dachengruoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #57
SudokuHater
SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Try my site, Luzme.

http://luzme.com

It searches all the main ebook stores in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and India. I'll start adding the main European countries in the next few weeks; please get in touch if there's any country you're particularly interested in.

And it works with your existing wish lists so no need to re-enter all the books if you have a wish list at Amazon, Goodreads or LibraryThing.

You can set a price limit, so if you only want to be notified about books under $5, for example, no problem!

Rachel
This looks great, nice work.

Is there any way you can search for more than one country at a time? So, for example, I can see if one of the kobo sites is having a sale or something that I would otherwise be unaware of.
SudokuHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #58
rwillmer
luzme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SudokuHater View Post
This looks great, nice work.

Is there any way you can search for more than one country at a time? So, for example, I can see if one of the kobo sites is having a sale or something that I would otherwise be unaware of.
Thanks!

If you're a registered Luzme user (it's a free service), then you can add stores from different countries in your preferences.

The problem you'll have with Kobo (and Google) though, is that although I can display you the prices from the different countries, their store will insist on only selling to you in the country it believes you are from. So if you see a good price on a book in the Kobo GB store, and click through while you're in the US, you'll get the US prices and availablity.

Rachel
Old 05-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #59
SudokuHater
SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.SudokuHater is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Thanks!

If you're a registered Luzme user (it's a free service), then you can add stores from different countries in your preferences.

The problem you'll have with Kobo (and Google) though, is that although I can display you the prices from the different countries, their store will insist on only selling to you in the country it believes you are from. So if you see a good price on a book in the Kobo GB store, and click through while you're in the US, you'll get the US prices and availablity.

Rachel
Thanks a million, that's really helpful. I am now a card-carrying member.
SudokuHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #60
rwillmer
luzme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SudokuHater View Post
Thanks a million, that's really helpful. I am now a card-carrying member.
Excellent! I see from your profile that you're in Ireland, which is getting near the top of my list of countries to add. Are there any ebook stores of interest, apart from the usual big ones?