Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
From what I understand, they left the China distributor on Wednesday for shipping to Electro-divinia.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #17
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
From what I understand, they left the China distributor on Wednesday for shipping to Electro-divinia.
For the update. But I hope yours is in the mail and will arrive soon.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:47 PM   #18
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

I'm guessing mine is with yours, Ellen. Maybe we will receive them on the same day.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #19
Gibbo
Evangelist
Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4 - Kindle Paperwhite - Nexus 10 - LG G3
I got it from Lencho Lee at wirelession.com and it's $211 for the device, $30 shipping chargers plus $12 paypal fees.

@Ellen I contacted the ebay guy but they don't ship outside the US.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #20
alilxmas
Enthusiast
alilxmas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SmartQ 7, VX787
I hope you get them soon, both of you. I am trying to hold back from getting the JE-100, for the same reasons as coldsun.

I have been the Q7 and its ok, but Linux is just not for me, I basically cant seem to grasp what I am doing with that OS.

I also hope that you might get into some of the devices pre-installed apps, that come with these devices, in future reviews.

Please keep us updated.
Thx
alilxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: AVTN8; BBMini; Onyx Boox T68; SGN8
Oh, Coldsun, you should devote at least one paragaph on a comparison between this and the JE100...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #22
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Oh, Coldsun, you should devote at least one paragaph on a comparison between this and the JE100...
Yes, second that

I am so far VERY happy with the JE100 though ... but that is probably I was looking for a dedicated ebook reader, which is as light as possible, with LCD screen and backlight. JE100 fits the bill perfectly. But if I was looking for a multi purpose device, JE100 would be too underpowered.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #23
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

I still have the JE-100 unit I reviewed (for now). I managed to fix my SmartQ7, but I haven't even used it since the JE-100 arrived. The screen is so vibrant compared to the SmartQ7 and it is so light and comfortable. I will definately be doing a comparison between the two devices, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the new device will be a fantastic performer for multi-function, but will have tough shoes to fill against the JE-100 as an ebook reading device. I think rana absolutely made the right choice in purchasing the JE-100 for reading purposes.

Oh and I have a couple more surprises I'll be announcing in the next week or so. Sorry to sound so cryptic again, but that's part of the fun!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #24
Gibbo
Evangelist
Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4 - Kindle Paperwhite - Nexus 10 - LG G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Oh and I have a couple more surprises I'll be announcing in the next week or so. Sorry to sound so cryptic again, but that's part of the fun!
Are this expensive surprises??
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #25
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Are this expensive surprises??
Good question Gibbo. My heart can't take the suspense and my purse can't stand the knowing.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #26
alilxmas
Enthusiast
alilxmas has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SmartQ 7, VX787
Well I think theyres going to be 2 models.

One without GPS for about $260 shipped

and another about $280 shipped.

I hoper Ben gets his shipment in soon, and that his shipment at least has some that contain the model with the GPS.
alilxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #27
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

For those subscribed to this thread, you may want to take a peek at my new preview thread of the W1010 - the device I'll be reviewing right after the W1060.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...035#post654035

Also, another thread on an announcement: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...319#post656319

Last edited by ColdSun; 11-13-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #28
heron61
Enthusiast
heron61 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch 3rd gen, SmartQ V7
Where can you buy the W1060?

Other than Electro-divinia, where else can you purchase the W1060/A81 MID? I'd like to see what others are selling it for, and I haven't be able to find it on sale anywere else.
heron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #29
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Here you go:

http://www.wirelession.com/
Old 11-22-2009, 01:53 AM   #30
Jim-Beam
Jim-Beam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hi Coldsun, the W1060 looks really snappy in the video, much faster than the SmartQ7. Could you confirm if this is the case? I was considering getting a Viliv X70 to replace my Q7, but now the W1060 seems really tempting. I'm especially interested to know what kind of Pdf reader (if any) comes with the device. Looking forward to your review!
Jim-Beam is offline   Reply With Quote