Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #196
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Wow, the response to the Smashwords offer has been far beyond what I had hoped. Including what I assume are the actual-factual sales that have picked up along with the great number of coupons used.

I appreciate it and, while I know that freebies are often put way at the back of TBR lists, it would be wonderful to hear what you think when you do read Boomerang.

Happy reading!
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #197
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

October turned out to the be second best month ever for Boomerang.

One big surprise was how well it did last month in the UK.

No matter where you are, if you downloaded Boomerang, Thank You Very Much!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #198
plumboz
Novelist

Boomerang #3 at Smashwords

Yep, the current #3 bestseller at Smashwords is Boomerang. Woot!

Check out the reviews at Boomerang's Home on the Web
Old 11-04-2010, 01:28 AM   #199
plumboz
Novelist

Don't know who to send individual Thank You's to, so if I might just say Thanks for Boomerang's best single day ever on Amazon and second best day ever at Smashwords today.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #200
plumboz
Novelist

Check out lots of reviews and sample chapters over at http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com

Last edited by plumboz; 11-26-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #201
plumboz
Novelist

Boomerang seems to be appealing to the UK audience. Since Kindle became available over there the response has been very nice!

http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com

Last edited by plumboz; 11-26-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #202
plumboz
Novelist

Latest review at Amazon:

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and wonderfully entertaining!, October 23, 2010
By CJ in CO "CJ" (CO) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Boomerang (Paperback)
I loved this book! Alan Hutcheson is a very talented writer. I am amazed at how he set the stage for this story. Each chapter of the book details the events of different characters that in the beginnning seem unrelated. However, as the story unfolds, each character or set of characters are drawn from places as far away as Australia to a little house in Arizona. Once each party involved in this tale find their way to a dark, soggy Arizona backyard in their pursuit of a handcrafted boomerang, the conclusion of their quest is delightful, entertaining, and satisfying . The characters are funny - some are wonderfully likeable, and some you just like to hate. I plan to read this book again sometime soon!

Thanks!

Last edited by plumboz; 11-26-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #203
plumboz
Novelist

Latest Review From Amazon UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Boomerang - Kindle, 13 Nov 2010
By NeoStuey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
At the start of the week I was lamenting the fact that I no longer had my copy of The Big Lebowski on DVD and that it still hasn't appeared on Blu-ray yet, then I stumble across a book called Boomerang on kindle that feels right at home being mentioned in such esteemed company.

I purchased the book yesterday and finished it today, it's a real page turner! I felt instantly drawn into the world that Alan Hutcheson has created for his characters. The main protagonists you'll end up rooting for will probably be Jerry & Ted, their reunion Outside Cafe Verdi, North Beach San Francisco had me in hysterics! Doreen and Amelia run them a close second though!

Every step of the journey taken to this tales conclusion was really enjoyable and the books pacing is good throughout and the ending is well executed. Had a bit of the Tarantino's about it too.

At 69 pence the book is fantastic value and well worth a look. Mrs Yee demands that you do!

5 stars out 5!

That's just $0.89 US, at Amazon, Barnes and Noble or Kobo. Ten cents more at Sony, Diesel, Smashwords or Apple
Old 11-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #204
plumboz
Novelist

5 Star review and he hasn't even finished the book!

When was the last time you saw a glowing review from a reader who hadn't even finished the book yet? And was afraid he would have trouble doing so due to tears generated by laughing? And to top it off, the reader is a Scot, not renowned for a general level of hilarity.

Here's the latest Amazon UK review for Boomerang.

Boomerang, 17 Nov 2010
By
Mr. W. MacPherson "Gordonmacp." (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This is a book that I will struggle to finish! I assume it's just my sense of humour but at times I had tears running down my face!This has been one of the funniest books I've read! I don't know if that was the intention, but it is,to me, first class! The Head of AABC pondering about his position was just so funny! Thanks to the author,Alan Hutchison, for a great book!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #205
plumboz
Novelist

Another Great review for Boomerang

Just in, this five star review of Boomerang posted on Amazon.

Very, very funny, November 19, 2010
By
Figwit's Folly - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I loved this book. I rarely re-read a book but I think I may have to in this case just to be sure I didn't miss a funny bit because I was pushing through it so fast. I have to admire the author's cleverness. He has so many characters all with their own part to play and all balanced like spinning plates on sticks and, just as you think he may have forgotten one, he or she pops up in the most unlikely place. All the characters are well-fleshed out and engaging from the dog next door to the chief of the CIA. I loved them all. My favourite was Doreen. What a wonderful character. I chuckle to myself even now as I think of her. A close second would have been Paul, the teen. He was great.

I hope Mr Hutcheson plans on a sequel as I would love to meet some of these characters again.

At the price it was the best bargain ever but, even if it was full-price, I would still be counting myself lucky that I stumbled on it.

Pure gold. Thank you Mr Hutcheson for the hours of sheer reading enjoyment I got from your book.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #206
plumboz
Novelist

If you went out "Black Fridaying" I hope you had a good time!

Last edited by plumboz; 12-15-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #207
plumboz
Novelist

More nice reviews for Boomerang

Here are a couple of the latest reviews for Boomerang that have shown up on Amazon UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars, 29 Nov 2010
By
willie wit (................... - See all my reviews

Do without one thing today that costs 69p - a newspaper , a bar of chocolate , crisps ...and buy this book . You will remember this story, its great !
:0)
( or buy the chocolate and eat it while reading the book )

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Nov 2010
By
Mr. A. Neil - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Thoroughly enjoyable book. It's a twisty tounge in cheek spy thriller mixed in with a bit of "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World". I would say the writing style is more like the early Ben Elton novels than Douglas Adams. Highly recommended (& well formatted for the Kindle).

69p in the UK means just $0.89 on Amazon or Barnes and Noble here in the USofA.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #208
plumboz
Novelist

Hi,

It's exciting to report that Boomerang is doing very well this month on Amazon UK.

Currently it is #139 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

* #3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humour
* #7 in Books > Fiction > Humour

I would love to have you check it out yourself. Sample chapters of course at Amazon, B&N or Boomerang's own page.

Have a great week!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #209
plumboz
Novelist

Thank You and Happy Holidays

Thanks to everyone here who has added Boomerang to your library this past year. I hope you either already have, or will enjoy it.

My New Year's resolution, at least as far as writing goes, is to spend less time promoting and more time writing.

Of course I would love to hear from any of Boomerang's readers, and a great place to ask questions, heap mounds of praise or fling arrows of discontent is at http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com.

Alan

Last edited by plumboz; 12-15-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #210
plumboz
Novelist

Gotta share the latest very nice review Boomerang received over at Amazon UK.

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars A comedy caper, 12 Dec 2010
By
TopCat "TC" (Devon) - See all my reviews
I've been reading a lot of thrillers and murder mysteries so fancying a change and something humourous I thought I would give this, which has received some very good reviews, a try. It's an out and out comedy caper filled with a cast of dysfunctional characters. They are all trying to get their hands on a boomerang containing secrets dating back to the time of J Edgar Hoover.

The story is told from a host of viewpoints, including that of a dog, yet somehow the author manages to ensure they all receive enough attention, putting plenty of flesh on the bones of the various characters. The under-employed employees of AABC were particularly amusing, I could just imagine their situation is probably too close for comfort to some government departments.

It was definitely a laugh out loud book at points, although it didn't have me in stitches in the way say a Ben Elton book often does. I liked the narrative style and despite the number of characters and everything going on never felt like I was struggling to keep up with who was who, or what they were doing and why. This is a book I really liked, good fun and light-hearted, and another Kindle 72p* bargain.

*That's just $0.99 US

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords