Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Lack of cover for PRS600

Is anyone else a little disappointed with the lack of cover for the 600? I have a 505 and didn't like the flimsy cover that came with it, so I bought the Sony light cover and bought a tough-case for the unit. I upgraded to the 600 last week and was more than a little peeved that the 600 didn't have a cover. A slip-case? Come on! It won't take anything for that to fall out. I tried the cases I have for the 505 and they "fit" but they feel tight and the light doesn't fit on the 600... Anyone else have any suggestions besides spending MORE money on something that should have had a "permanent" cover?

Thanks.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
I like the slip-cover, because it makes it stay under my moleskine notebook strap. I will consider some kind of cover with built in light in the future.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I go back and forth between the 505 Premium cover and the original M-Edge Executive cover. I've used the slipcase a few times and may use it in the future but not exclusively.

BTW, the slipcase fits very snug around the 600.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I actually considered adapting my old daytimer binder to use as a PRS-600 cover, but it was so huge!

The daytimer didn't seem that large when I bought it back in 1991 or so...
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I am so annoyed at Sony for not selling the 600 with the standard cover (which is cheap in the production, no question about that !). I ended up getting a m-edge cover, but since I live in Europe the shipping costs are horrendous. I will not get a Sony cover, I won't help them there !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 03:56 AM   #6
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I am so annoyed at Sony for not selling the 600 with the standard cover (which is cheap in the production, no question about that !). I ended up getting a m-edge cover, but since I live in Europe the shipping costs are horrendous. I will not get a Sony cover, I won't help them there !
Ouch. I didn't tell you there's a seller in eBay UK? It won't advertise it as M-Edge, but try cover PRS-505 in the search and they're exactly what we're looking for. It's the same who will sell the tin cover

The slip-on cover is nice if you're not on the move; I'm currently waiting for the M-Edge for the 600; meanwhile, I use the old homemade cover I made from a book/Bible cover and lot of rubber foam (neoprene sheets work the same). A bit bulky, but protective
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #7
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Ouch. I didn't tell you there's a seller in eBay UK? It won't advertise it as M-Edge, but try cover PRS-505 in the search and they're exactly what we're looking for. It's the same who will sell the tin cover

The slip-on cover is nice if you're not on the move; I'm currently waiting for the M-Edge for the 600; meanwhile, I use the old homemade cover I made from a book/Bible cover and lot of rubber foam (neoprene sheets work the same). A bit bulky, but protective
Non Juliette, you did not !!! But I found him too last week, while selling my other one. Anyway, he takes as much as m-edge for the shipping, really.. BTW... Why aren't you at work ?????
Old 10-06-2009, 04:18 AM   #8
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Non Juliette, you did not !!! But I found him too last week, while selling my other one. Anyway, he takes as much as m-edge for the shipping, really..
is it bess1899? (I didn't want to do any ads!!!)
Old 10-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #9
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
is it bess1899? (I didn't want to do any ads!!!)
Yes maam.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:50 AM   #10
aceflor
Wizard

Oops.... not anymore. just went now to have a look, they changed the shipping costs. Now it is cheap indeed. It used to be much more, I compared them and m-edge and decided for m-edge since I am not a great fan of Royal Mail. But for the price now, I'd order in the UK.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:03 AM   #11
Juliette
I eat books

Quote:
Oops.... not anymore. just went now to have a look, they changed the shipping costs. Now it is cheap indeed. It used to be much more, I compared them and m-edge and decided for m-edge since I am not a great fan of Royal Mail. But for the price now, I'd order in the UK.
In very precise terms: Deutsche Post PWNS RM as for signed-for/recommandées! With RM parcels can be followed until the frontier and then ooops. DP tracked it practically until doorstep
Old 10-06-2009, 06:06 AM   #12
Juliette
I eat books

Quote:
Non Juliette, you did not !!! But I found him too last week, while selling my other one. Anyway, he takes as much as m-edge for the shipping, really.. BTW... Why aren't you at work ?????
Even PhD students can take little vacations... and work is either home or in a dusty archive/library. (Much better home, if I can choose )
Old 10-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #13
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I know it fits well and even has a slight "around-the-corner" design to help hold it in, but if you hold the slipcase by the bottom and give a little shrug, it slips out. While I know you or I aren't going to be doing that on purpose, I can think of things like accidentally holding the slipcover upside-down and it falling after the case wears a little. That won't happen with a cover unless you physically drop it.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #14
amaggie05
amaggie05 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
i'm about to purchase a cover for the 600 too. can anyone tell what's the difference b/t these two (from the title they seem to be the same thing):

http://www.amazon.com/M-edge-Genuine...4847390&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/M-edge-Executi...4847390&sr=8-5
amaggie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
aceflor
Wizard

No, I don't see the difference. The m-edge covers were reduced to 14.99 some weeks ago, then the price was re-upped to 24.99. If you can order one for 14.99, go for it. They are great covers!