Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Ah ok, So if I want to get rid of a whole line of blank I should count the spaces across the page ? And enter that into the RE box.
EDIT** Nope just says search key not found when I click replace

Last edited by gargoyle67; 10-06-2009 at 04:57 PM.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #17
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy Player 5 (YP-G70C)
You could do that, but it might not be the most reliable method. Refer to Jellby's link and find the repeat character. Then a string consisting of a caret, a space, the repeat character, and a dollar sign should find all of the space-filled lines, no matter exactly how many spaces there are in each one. Replace those with whatever you need, even nothing. You may need to repeat that with the newline character (\n I think) at the end as well, if your page has some odd origin.

Regular expressions are very powerful, very simple in principle, and very difficult to use if you don't use them often. I was once much better at them. I'm way out of practice.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
I suspect some confusion about ^[sp][sp]$ or ^[space][space]$.

I'm not an OO user, but with this regex example, I think that the folks giving the above examples were using [sp] and [space] to indicate actual spaces. Because spaces are hard to see in a text explanation.

So the literal line would be:

Code:
^  $
m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #19
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks for the comments guys, I found this thread:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/...php?f=7&t=8524
And found just doing the $ under RE got rid of all my spaces, Now I need a way to separate my CHAPTER 1, 2 e.c.t to finish things off anyone know what RE would do this, Thanks.

Last edited by gargoyle67; 10-07-2009 at 08:41 AM.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:58 AM   #20
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS T3, Nexus 7, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
May this page be useful?
Thanks

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote