Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
drisay
drisay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch
Purchased one book, but received another?

First off, this is my first time posting here. I have been reading the forums for a while and really enjoy this site. I've just recently made the switch to ebooks shortly after Christmas. And I can honestly say that the experience is great. I've been reading much more than I was before simply because I always have a handful of books floating around on my readers.

Anyways, just thought I'd take the chance to say hi, not on the real content of this post.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? I recently purchased The Waste Land by Stephen King. I downloaded the file and loaded it into the sony ebook library. It appears in the list as the proper book, but once I try opening the book up it ends up being The Waste Lands and Other poems by TS Eliot.

Obviously I was quite surprised by this. I have wrote to the online stores support, but have yet to hear from them. That being said it has only been a couple of days, but I am getting anxious to start reading this book.

This post is not meant to be a rant on the ebook store, just curious to know if this has happened to others and what the outcome was. Did you receive a re-imbursement? The proper novel you were requesting? No response from the support?
drisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
It hasn't happened to me (yet), but I do think it's fair to ask that you tell us what store it is. Errors like this could say a lot about how they actually index the material they sell.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
That happened to me once with a paper book. I ordered a dictionary and received another one, from a different publisher. The bookstore sent me the good one after I wrote them about it, and since shipping the wrong one back was not so cheap they said I could keep that too (they would pay the shipping anyway).

For ebooks it's different, I guess. Stores with good customer care will probably offer a reimbursement if they cannot get the publisher to provide the correct book.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
drew00149
Connoisseur
drew00149 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iRex iLiad, HTC Kaiser
You should try calling, it will get resolved much quicker that way.

When I was delivered the second edition of a book that I was led to believe was the third, I called and complained. After being told I had no reason to expect the third edition (you see the description that included a bold heading titled "What's New in the Third Edition" as well as a picture of the third edition cover was there to let me know what I wouldn't be getting - obviously) I simply just said are you for real? and then he put me on hold (which was more like him not speaking to me but not muting the phone so I could hear him yelling at everyone else to quiet down) and then he said he would contact the publisher. He called back a few hours latter and issued a refund.

So all that to say Sony will do right by you. I now have a free second edition e-book. Woooo.
drew00149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
drisay
drisay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch
I did not actually purchase it through the sony store, but through ebooks.com. I thought I'd give it a try to see while waiting for sony to make their switch to epub. I've not had any problems with them before and accidents do happen so I would go to the point of saying they are an inferior book store than others.
drisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I had this happen once with "Night Life" by Rob Thurman - I got "Nightlife" by Elizabeth Guest instead (and I have never officially seen that book available for ebook!)

I wrote Fictionwise and it was fixed within a couple of days.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
has not really happened to me.. the support is really the only way there.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #8
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
I once ordered Motley Crue's greatest hits (ya I know, it was a long time ago) The CD came, the case, CD, everthing said MC's greatest hits but when you played it, it was Earth, Wind and Fire. I kept the CD, who knows in the future it could be worth money like the upside down airplane stamp.

I've ordered stuff from the Sony store and never had a problem. Thought I'd throw that in so you didn't think I was totaly of topic.

I must say though, I am a little surprised about the "I have wrote to the online stores support, but have yet to hear from them. That being said it has only been a couple of days" I get very upset if support doesn't answer within 24 hours. It's their job!!! And this doesn't seem like a big job "Sorry Drisay, our mistake, here is your copy of the Wastelands" Good book by the way.

Regards, Daryl
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote