Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Wells, H.G.: The Time Machine. v1. 24th Sep 2009

Description from Amazon:

When a Victorian scientist propels himself into the year 802,701 AD, he is initially delighted to find that suffering has been replaced by beauty, contentment and peace. Entranced at first by the Eloi, an elfin species descended from man, he soon realises that this beautiful people are simply remnants of a once-great culture – now weak and childishly afraid of the dark. They have every reason to be afraid: in deep tunnels beneath their paradise lurks another race descended from humanity – the sinister Morlocks. And when the scientist’s time machine vanishes, it becomes clear he must search these tunnels, if he is ever to return to his own era.

Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Time Machine.epub (134.0 KB, 1632 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 04:18 AM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, and thanks for making this ebook available.
I have downloaded this book and noted that this epub seemed to be converted from another format, which resulted in the usual css page of "calibre" entries, and an excess of span, class and style tags throughout the book.

Being quite an old upload I thought it could do with a bit of TLC. So I have updated the book. The edits include...
  1. New cover image
  2. New title page and image
  3. Added copyright page
  4. Noted that this is the Atlantic Edition of the story, which is one of three official versions of the story. https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Time_Machine
  5. Removed excess "calibre" css code
  6. Removed excess span, class and style tags throughout the book
  7. Removed excess no-break spaces (used as paragraph indents)
  8. Minor formatting and punctuation fixes.

Let me know if there are any bloopers.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

Attached Files
File Type: epub The Time Machine - H.G. Wells -v1.1.epub (1.04 MB, 92 views)
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2022, 07:46 PM   #3
ableal
Enthusiast
ableal began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (2009), Kobo Clara HD (2018), Kobo Libra 2 (2022)
Thanks for the effort expended, looks very nice. I'm fond of this book because it's the first I tried to read in English, back when I had to look up what 'rod' meant (it's always the little things).

I'm an incurable optimizer of good enough things, so in a minute I ran it through Caliber's "subset embedded fonts" and "compress images losslessly" tools. Shaved off about 130 kB.

Over the aggregate downloads, it may save something worthwhile or maybe not. Either way, it was done, may as well share it ;-)

Attached Files
File Type: epub The Time Machine - H.G. Wells -v1.1.1.epub (940.4 KB, 87 views)
ableal is offline   Reply With Quote