Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #61
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Actually quantum communication (specifically using entangled states) provides far more secure forms of authentication that large prime numbers. Hence the "communication" in my thesis title.

True, even moreso than spread spectrum radio.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #62
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got this pop up in my email:

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/computi...ntum-algorithm

Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #63
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I have given karma - both numerically and the little yellow button way. Thanks Kovid. If you could just figure out how to export those tricky little .note handwriting files from the new Sony Touch so I never have to use the Sony Library Software I might be inspired to give more

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #64
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
I have given karma - both numerically and the little yellow button way. Thanks Kovid. If you could just figure out how to export those tricky little .note handwriting files from the new Sony Touch so I never have to use the Sony Library Software I might be inspired to give more

Mel
That should happen in the next few months.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #65
kennyc

Quote:

So get your check book out.
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #66
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Have you considered taking input from some of the programs that access iLiad notes? Maybe combined with Evernote synchronization? If you'd like to specify a bounty, I could work on raising funds for such a feature.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #67
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
So get your check book out.
I'm Canadian so that is "cheque book" to you. And it is poised and ready

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #68
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Have you considered taking input from some of the programs that access iLiad notes? Maybe combined with Evernote synchronization? If you'd like to specify a bounty, I could work on raising funds for such a feature.
Well when I do this it will (like everything else in calibre) be a general framework into which device specific integration can be plugged in. I can't really promise Illiad integration though, as I dont have an Illiad To start with it will work with the SONY 600/700 as that's what I have.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #69
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
I'm Canadian so that is "cheque book" to you. And it is poised and ready

Mel
Well exxxxxcuuuuuuussssse me

Seriously, I think we all should be willing and in actuality provide support for those tools and services we use (such as this forum) -- regardless of how you spell it and regardless of the particular national currency.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #70
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Definitely Karma ++++++
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #71
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
I don't know about you, but I've given him karma. That's spelled m-o-n-e-y.

You can, too!
Yes, that was my approach too. I always said the most important byline was my name preceded by the phrase "pay to the order of ..."
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #72
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Well, he's got my measily 66 points of Karma. Thanks for all work you've done for the Mobileread community Kovid!
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #73
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
NOW look at Kovid's Karma...........better, but I know we can all continue to show our appreciation.......

Thanks everyone.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #74
windylim
windylim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 prospective
Thanks Kovid! I'm new here, but just want to express my thanks for the excellent Calibre!!
windylim is offline   Reply With Quote