Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Adobe Digital Editions Woes :-(

So I just got a book on Diesel-eBooks and went through the process of the .acsm or .ascm and downloaded the PDF, got the Adobe ID to allow the DRM books in my sony eBook library. The issue is that when I drag the eBook to my reader it says that "this reader is registered to another user." I bought this eBook reader from eBay second hand. Is there a way to re-register? I can't seem to find this option on the ebook store or any other Sony affiliated site that I could see.
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
I believe other folks who have had similar issues have had good luck calling Sony support.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
So I just got a book on Diesel-eBooks and went through the process of the .acsm or .ascm and downloaded the PDF, got the Adobe ID to allow the DRM books in my sony eBook library. The issue is that when I drag the eBook to my reader it says that "this reader is registered to another user." I bought this eBook reader from eBay second hand. Is there a way to re-register? I can't seem to find this option on the ebook store or any other Sony affiliated site that I could see.

On Windows in ADE, with the Reader showing in the folder list, press Ctrl-Shirt-E. This will bring up the device deactivation dialog, select your device and deactivate it. Then unplug and replug your reader and ADE should recognize your device and ask to authorize it with your AdobeID.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
On Windows in ADE, with the Reader showing in the folder list, press Ctrl-Shirt-E. This will bring up the device deactivation dialog, select your device and deactivate it. Then unplug and replug your reader and ADE should recognize your device and ask to authorize it with your AdobeID.
This will deactivate it with Sony as well or doesn't the Sony activation matter for ADE at all?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
This will deactivate it with Sony as well or doesn't the Sony activation matter for ADE at all?
Check this thread post #5

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43858
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Oh yes, I forgot a hard reset will reset the DRM in the Reader.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Thanks for the input:-) I spoke with Sony Support and the matter is resolved. The only issue now is that I can't seem to pay with a debit card on ebooks.com:-( Has anyone else had this issue?
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Sony activation is currently completely separate from the ADE activation. The Sony activation only matters for content purchased from the Sony bookstore. The ADE activation matters for content purchased (with DRM) from anyplace else.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote