Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #136
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 3GS; Kindle 4 (Black); Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.Hagdal View Post
Update: Smashwords now accepts epubs.

http://www.smashwords.com/swdirect
The thing to remember, though is that if you start with an epub, that's the only format you get.

You're best off going through meatgrinder first and then following it up with your own epub.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #137
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
The thing to remember, though is that if you start with an epub, that's the only format you get.

You're best off going through meatgrinder first and then following it up with your own epub.

Not true. I always start with an EPUB and later when I get around to it meat grind through the others. Never had a problem.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #138
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 3GS; Kindle 4 (Black); Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Not true. I always start with an EPUB and later when I get around to it meat grind through the others. Never had a problem.
Sorry, I was unclear.

I meant that if you upload an EPUB you don't get any of the other formats until you upload a .doc file.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:09 PM   #139
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Sorry, I was unclear.

I meant that if you upload an EPUB you don't get any of the other formats until you upload a .doc file.
Oh, that is correct. You also will not get a "sample" on their store until you do that. The EPUB is primarily for their distribution channels, which is 90% of the reason I am in their store to begin with.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #140
Humboldt Lake
Humboldt Lake began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Interesting site.. I listed a first novel on Smashwords.
I looked up the BBB complaints on Smashwords. I noticed complaints , such as "I was owned 11.00 and received only 4.65..."

Uhh- that is 44.00 a YEAR in sales. Perhaps at 44.00 , one should consider an alternative career..
Humboldt Lake is offline   Reply With Quote