Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
KarenB
KarenB began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Blayne, Karen: Karen's Scribbles, v1, 29 August 2009

Just as an experiment for my first and probably my only book I've put it together some short stories as a mobi ebook and attached it. Calibre doesn't recognise the author automatically so I've probably done something incorrectly but it does show on my Cybook.

It's full of boy toys, a few naughty bits and even one or two social comments but they aren't too blatant. I wasn't too sure if it belonged under fantasy but it certainly doesn't belong under young adult.

Try it, if you don't like it you know where the delete key is and the price is right.

Luv Karen

This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc KarensScribles.prc (681.8 KB, 591 views)

Last edited by KarenB; 08-28-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Cleaned up the book
KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 4 & Nexus 7 (both with Cyanogenmod 11), Blackberry Z30
Thanks for offering your work for free, Karen. You might try posting a thread in the "Writer's Corner" section of MR as well.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
KarenB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Thanks for offering your work for free, Karen. You might try posting a thread in the "Writer's Corner" section of MR as well.
Maybe but these were written for fun, if I drop something in the writer's bit they'll either say it's great and want me to write more which sounds like hard work or they'll say it should have used a particular structure and I'm not certain I'd agree. These stories have sort of written themselves.

Do I care if people like them or not? Well "Cynthia in Distress" is a rather fun Damsel in Distress story that was written especially for some one who enjoyed it very much which was a reward in itself. He thoughts were it had so many twists in it you could never be certain what was coming next.

"Mom" is a popular download at the moment. A short story of what happens when our heroine asks Mom for help.

"My knight in rusting armour" is a fun one, a Damsel in Distress needs rescuing, lots of boy toys including a rather large tractor with two forty foot trailers on the back.

A few thousand people have downloaded these already this just an alternate format.

Thanks for the thought though.

Luv Karen
Old 08-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Veronica
Veronica began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Different, definitely fun. I didn't know boys had so many different toys. Love the Exotic.

I'm jealous of Toe Rag could I borrow him?

Vonnie
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thanks Karen. I shall put this on my reading list.

Meanwhile, I've edited the thread title so as to meet our thread-naming conventions. This will make it easier for people to find, if they do a search.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
KarenB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Thanks Karen. I shall put this on my reading list.
Oh dear, I meant to use the spell checker honest.

What can I say other than I hope you find one of them not too bad.

Karen.