Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #61
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 650, Ipod Touch
I LOVE Wilbur Smith's writings... He has always got a disclaimer if the history doesn't quit meet the timeline of the books...

Unfortunately his ebooks are not available in Australia... and I don't read paper books anymore.. Too hard on hands and shoulders...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #62
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook Tablet
Try the Promises to Keep quartet by Shayne Parkinson. The 4 books are available at Smashwords (the first, Sentence of Marriage, is free; the others are $1.99 each). I wrote a review of the series at my An American Editor blog. Shayne is also a MobileRead participant. The story begins in 1880s New Zealand and goes on from there.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #63
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Try the Promises to Keep quartet by Shayne Parkinson. The 4 books are available at Smashwords (the first, Sentence of Marriage, is free; the others are $1.99 each). I wrote a review of the series at my An American Editor blog. Shayne is also a MobileRead participant. The story begins in 1880s New Zealand and goes on from there.
Thanks, Richard! Your review is wonderful - one of the very best I've received.

Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #64
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
Try the following:

Accused – Mark Gimenez
The Whisperers – John Connolly
The Lake Shore Limited – Sue Miller
The Snowman – Jo Nesbo
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #65
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
If the 1940s count (I hope they do!), I can recommend December 6 by Martin Cruz Smith, the same author who wrote Gorky Park. December 6 has been overlooked but I think it's a great story that gets inside Imperial Japan on the eve of Pearl Harbor through the eyes of an American expat with one foot in both cultures. The story has shades of Casablanca:

http://www.amazon.com/December-6-ebo...1164444&sr=1-1

There seems to be dueling historical fiction threads going on -- good to see.

Steve
Steve Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #66
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
I mentioned this on the other historical fiction thread: I found a great site that lists historical fiction by period:

historicalnovels.info/

-- Steve
Steve Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote