Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #16
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Buffy the best series ever made ?? What ???? Have you forgotten such delights as: Friends, X-files, Spaced, Heroes, Lost, ... ... ....
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #17
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDecraene View Post
Buffy the best series ever made ?? What ???? Have you forgotten such delights as: Friends, X-files, Spaced, Heroes, Lost, ... ... ....
You mean CarnivÓle, The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, The Sopranos & Ghost in the shell S.A.C. ?
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 04-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nexus 5, iPad 2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Did not like Friends and X-files at all. Lost and Heroes has lost it. Good first seasons but not so good now.

Actually The Wire is the best TV series. I forgot that. Buffy is second. Soprano is also very good. Battlestar Galatica was good the first season.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
How can you possibly miss out "Dr Who"?

45+ years running (albeit with a few interruptions) and it keeps on getting better and better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

45+ years running (albeit with a few interruptions) and it keeps on getting better and better.
I think you need to have grown up in the UK to really like Dr Who in this fanatical way. It can be fun to watch but it is not so good. And the latest series is only so and so. Some very good episodes like Blink but also many bad ones. Season three now have started good. The new companion is much better know that the avoid they romantical aspect. I really liked the Pompey episode.

Last edited by tompe; 04-23-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I suspect you're right. It's very much a British "cultural phenomenon". It's something which anyone under the age of about 50 will have grown up with.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #22
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I make it 3 for me - still debating whether to try HitchHikers Guide ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #23
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Quote:

Well, we weren't always able to receive BBC and the cost of that many seasons on DVD would simply bankrupt me. Plus my wife would divorce me if I started watching that at myy usual tempo

Since we're now talking UK series, I also liked 'Blake's Seven' (first couple of seasons were great). Looks a bit dated now though
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #24
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Dark Angel , Firefly , Stargate SG1 & Atlantis !!!!

and

Stingray , Thunderbirds ............. classics from so long ago
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #25
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Since we're now talking UK series, I also liked 'Blake's Seven' (first couple of seasons were great). Looks a bit dated now though
I really like Blake's Seven. Our local science fiction club rewatched all four series recently to introduce some new members to the series. I have probably seen all episodes 4-5 times...
Old 04-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Stingray , Thunderbirds ............. classics from so long ago
All the Gerry Anderson series were just wonderful - as you say, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Captain Scarlett, Fireball XL5, etc. I've got most of them on DVD now .
Old 04-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #27
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Yes, I suspect you're right. It's very much a British "cultural phenomenon". It's something which anyone under the age of about 50 will have grown up with.
Never got into 'Dr Who' myself.
Liked 'Blake's Seven' (first couple of series), and 'Survivors'.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #28
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 3GS; Kindle 4 (Black); Nook HD+
I was born in the UK and grew up in Canada, but I'd certainly count Dr. Who. Then again I've never been able to get any interest at all in Buffy, Friends or Sopranos.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #29
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
haven't read any of those,though 1984 shouldn't realy be up there.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #30
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I think you need to have grown up in the UK to really like Dr Who in this fanatical way. It can be fun to watch but it is not so good.
Nah -- if you lived in one of the US cities where the Public Broadcasting station carried Tom Baker's episodes in the mid-late 1970s and into the 1980s, you could easily become a fanatic. In Tallahassee, 1981, Dr. Who came on each evening around 6pm (I can't remember for sure). My 2-year-old would come running through the house yelling "Doc-tah Hoo! Doc-tah Hoo!" when he heard the opening theme. The only other show to capture his attention was M*A*S*H. Same behavior, except shouting "Helicopters!"
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote