Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
phkoech
phkoech began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS-505 cannot see Ebook send to SD card

I have strange behavior while transfering my ebooks (not protected) to my PRS-505 using Calibre (0.6.6) :
- when I send them to my memory stick card : no problem
- when I send them to my SD card : ebooks files (whatever the format) are copied on card, but my PRS-505 doesn't see them and doesn't reference them in its database (cache.xml). I'm pretty sure that the PRS-505 can see my SD card because he can play the mp3 audio file I have put on it. Why not ebook files ?

I there a problem with Calibre or with the PRS-505 ?
phkoech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
There could be several things happening here. I suspect it is likely due to corruption of your reader's cache database saying where things are, but there could be other issues as well. Take a look in this thread (similar, but not the exact same issue):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51465

Post back if any of this helps.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
phkoech
phkoech began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've solved my problem.
Problem was due to the capacity of my SD card (16 Go) that was not supported by the reader. I use now a 4 Go card and everything is perfect !
I should have read the wiki before, because this limitation in SD card was clearly noticed.
phkoech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #4
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Glad to hear you figured it out. I would never have thought of that issue.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by phkoech View Post
I've solved my problem.
Problem was due to the capacity of my SD card (16 Go) that was not supported by the reader. I use now a 4 Go card and everything is perfect !
I should have read the wiki before, because this limitation in SD card was clearly noticed.
Hi there,

the last firmware update from Sony added SHDC capacity (and more importantly, EPUB support); I have had no problems using a 16 GB SD card, except I have the perception (which is probably entirely subjective) that my 8 GB Sony MemoryStick is less of a drain on the battery.

You can grab the firmware update here.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert