|08-09-2009, 01:20 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Device: Sony PRS 505
WinXP 0.6.5 corrupted media.xml
Not sure is it caused by 065 or one of the book generated by it.
Reproduce steps from my machines:
1. mount the reader as a remove able disk and delete media.xml file
2. start Sony elibrary S/W and let it regenerate a new media.xml.
3. Disconnect and use the reader.
4. Connect to 0.6.5 - note everything will be fine, no error. send a few books to the reader.
5. disconnect and use the reader.
6. Connect the reader to a PC and open up the media.xml, it is completely fill up with garbage. Calibre will report corrupted file and elibrary will try to regenerated the file.
If I only use the Sony software from step 4 onward, the media.xml file will not be corrupted.
I try this on 3 different PCs (2 laptop and 1 desktop all running XP SP3 with latest patches).
I also did a reformat of the memory and run chkdsk to fix any possible errors but didn't solve the problem.
I have a mix of English, unicode LRF and Epub ebooks on the device.
anyone have any idea what is going on?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Calibre keeps saying database of books is corrupted. Media.xml file||seajewel||Calibre||8||02-26-2010 09:35 PM|
|Random XML corrupted error||siulayhumga||Calibre||0||06-16-2009 05:37 PM|
|Media.XML and how to create one from pc||Student1||Sony Reader Dev Corner||4||05-06-2009 07:39 PM|
|Creating media.xml manually||pepak||Sony Reader||5||11-28-2008 10:26 AM|
|Strange issue with media.xml||pepak||Sony Reader Dev Corner||2||09-08-2008 09:42 AM|