Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Calibre 6 and ePub changing fonts?

Hi all--
I've looked around for an answer to my question, but have only succeeded in confusing myself.

I've been changing the font for my ePub files to Fontin with Calibre using Zelda Pinwheel's excellent instructions in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=18

This has always worked perfectly for me with Calibre 5x, but since upgrading Calibre to 6 it doesn't seem to work.

I'm inserting the font information into the "Extra CSS" dialog box under the "Look and Feel" option exactly as I had done in Calibre 5x, but the ePub produced does not use the Fontin font I requested.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, and would appreciate any pointers on how to make this work!

Thanks!!!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Hi all--
I've looked around for an answer to my question, but have only succeeded in confusing myself.

I've been changing the font for my ePub files to Fontin with Calibre using Zelda Pinwheel's excellent instructions in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=18

This has always worked perfectly for me with Calibre 5x, but since upgrading Calibre to 6 it doesn't seem to work.

I'm inserting the font information into the "Extra CSS" dialog box under the "Look and Feel" option exactly as I had done in Calibre 5x, but the ePub produced does not use the Fontin font I requested.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, and would appreciate any pointers on how to make this work!

Thanks!!!

dordale
Sound like you'll have to do it the manual way after the ePub is generated. keep the information in the Extra CSS so the font declarations are in the CSS. But then you'll have to go into the ePub and extract the files so you can then look at the content & CSS to see where to put the font family declarations in the CSS. Then put the CSS back into the ePub and enjoy reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
For the moment calibre strips font-face rules from extra css. Once I implement font embedding, this will no longer be the case.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the replies Jon and Kovid.

And thanks for such a great program Kovid! I really do appreciate all of your efforts.

I'll look forward to the font embedding implementation once you have that ready.

dordale
Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually, I decided to just fix @font-face handling right now as it will be some time before I have the time to implement font embedding, so it should work as before in the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
siulayhumga
Connoisseur
siulayhumga began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I think this explain the problem I am having also. Looking forward to the update.

Thanks
siulayhumga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
dordale
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Actually, I decided to just fix @font-face handling right now as it will be some time before I have the time to implement font embedding, so it should work as before in the next release.
Thanks Kovid!! Looking forward to the next update!

dordale
Old 08-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Darn, I wish I had seen Kovid's reply before I delved into the css and html files generated in the epub. No wonder I couldn't find the @font-face and src references. heh heh. Thanks Kovid.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote