|07-31-2009, 01:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Device: dr1000, prs505
Wide margins in html to epub; font size mngmt; PDF metadata
I am unable to understand what I am doing wrong in:
1. Converting HTML pages to EPUB. Calibre sees them as ZIP and converts them fine, except the output has really wide left and right margins in my 505 (to the point of being unreadable). The margins in the ebook viewer are fine. If I copy and paste from a browser to rtf calibre can convert it fine.
2. I'd like to specify font sizes corresponding to various "zoom levels" in my 505. For example 8pts for small, 10pts for medium, etc. I tried playing with the "font size key" setting and as far as I can tell it had no effect, and I'm having a hard time trying to guess what it really means.
3. Most of the time calibre is unable to update PDF metadata. This is especially annoying because many pdfs, for some reason, have their metadata in Chinese and my 505 shows all of them as a bunch of boxes. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation of the pdf library calibre is using?
|07-31-2009, 01:49 PM||#2|
Creator of calibre
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
1. Your HTML file probably specifies its own margins. You will have to remove those before converting.
2. You can't do this.
3. Limitation of the PDF library
|08-01-2009, 02:33 AM||#3|
my parent's oops...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura
2. Font sizes are confusing. My understanding is that the "normal" base font is the size that appears for small. Then, the reader does it's own adjusting for medium and large zooms. I suggest putting 8 as the base font size in the calibre conversion options and seeing what that does.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wide margins||J. Strnad||Kobo Reader||10||08-23-2010 11:58 PM|
|Wide left margins in epub to kindle conversion||jchrist||Calibre||0||02-02-2010 10:13 PM|
|change html font size ssh||nwsco||iRex||0||04-26-2009 04:17 AM|
|Do you prefer margins on your LRF editions? What font size?||JSWolf||Sony Reader||18||02-24-2009 12:40 PM|
|HTML font size for sony 505||RayMorgan||Sony Reader||7||04-30-2008 12:01 AM|