Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
arjaybe
Evangelist
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Free is 2.57 times as interesting

The first book I announced in Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers has the topic written so: Free Novel - Title One. The second one thus: Title Two - Sequel to Title One.

Since announcing the second book, Title One has been viewed about 1,800 times, and Title Two about seven hundred.

According to this experiment, people are 2.57 times as likely to view your announcement if it has "Free" in the topic.

That's all. Just a factoid.
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
In all honesty, I'm surprised the difference isn't greater.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Free??!!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Oh, I'll pick up most of the free books that people here give notice of (in my preferred genres). But I'm equally quick to stop reading and delete them, if they don't meet my quality demands. And I only look at a second book after I've READ the first book. But if I liked the first one, I will freely pay money to continue a series.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Oh, I'll pick up most of the free books that people here give notice of (in my preferred genres). But I'm equally quick to stop reading and delete them, if they don't meet my quality demands. And I only look at a second book after I've READ the first book. But if I liked the first one, I will freely pay money to continue a series.
I like freebies too. If the author is good, I don't mind paying. If I can't get through the first chapter, I make a mental note not to pick up anything else by that person.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
AND it can take me months or years to get around to reading a freebie, cuz I'm busy reading the paid series's that I already buy into. So, OP, even if I had seen your postings (I didn't) while I might have clicked on the free First Title, you'd be waiting some while before I clicked on the Second Title. So your data model is not really representative of real people.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #7
arjaybe
Evangelist
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
So your data model is not really representative of real people.
I guess that means the raw data are the result of the actions of unreal people, then.-)
Old 08-10-2016, 07:50 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
I guess that means the raw data are the result of the actions of unreal people, then.-)
Is this at your website?
I just downloaded your book though it wasn't my idea. I thought I was clicking on your website.
I would bet it has more to do with the title than the FREE.
Are those just looks or actual downloads?
Old 08-11-2016, 01:14 AM   #9
arjaybe
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Is this at your website?
I just downloaded your book though it wasn't my idea. I thought I was clicking on your website.
I would bet it has more to do with the title than the FREE.
Are those just looks or actual downloads?
The 2.57 thing is here, in Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers.
How did you download my book if it wasn't your idea? Where were you when you thought you were clicking on my website?
The downloads on my website are full books.
Are you saying my book has a good title, or ...?
Old 08-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I clicked on the "download Parasite Puppeteers free"
I figured that would take me to a download page, not start downloading it.
I am probably not the only one.

Yes, you have very good titles. Cool covers too.
Now if you would be so kind as to PM me the link to your first book I would be most grateful.
Or in other words, your book looks good and I didn't mind the accidental download too much.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #11
arjaybe
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I clicked on the "download Parasite Puppeteers free"
I figured that would take me to a download page, not start downloading it.
I am probably not the only one.

Yes, you have very good titles. Cool covers too.
Now if you would be so kind as to PM me the link to your first book I would be most grateful.
Or in other words, your book looks good and I didn't mind the accidental download too much.
There's a link to the website* and one to a direct download. (*A moderator called it a cross-promotion because it points to the same website as the first book ) Maybe I should make the download link go to the downloads page on my website instead?
Old 08-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Ok I will go find you again.
And that might be a good idea.
Grabbed both. Gorgeous covers.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-11-2016 at 03:05 PM.