Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
Ersatzreifen
Bibliothekar
Ersatzreifen began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S
Full justification of comments?

When editing the comments in the metadata I like to fully justify the text. Unfortunately most of the books already in the library are in ragged-right format. Is there an easy way to have calibre fully justify all comments? Can full justification be set as a default in place of ragged-right?
Ersatzreifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ersatzreifen - you should be able to do it with Bulk Metadata Edit, difficulty depends on the 'state' of the HTML, if it's simple and well formed then replacing <p> with <p style="text-align: justify;"> should do the trick

Try it on a couple of books - others with deeper knowledge of HTML, RegEx may have a better solution

Oh yes, and as always, with Bulk Metadata Edit, backup your library before doing massive updates

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-25-2016 at 05:26 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #3
Ersatzreifen
Bibliothekar

I've tested that on a few books, and found that so long as the paragraph tag exists exactly as <p> it does work. This is confirmed.

But most tags turned out to be in the form of <p class="description">, so I made a second filter to look for that condition only, and change it to <p class="description" style="text-align: justify;">, but that doesn't work at all: after running the filter I find that nothing has changed! The test fields in the search & replace filter indicate that it's going to work, but it didn't. What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-26-2016, 10:54 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ersatzreifen View Post
I've tested that on a few books, and found that so long as the paragraph tag exists exactly as <p> it does work. This is confirmed.

But most tags turned out to be in the form of <p class="description">, so I made a second filter to look for that condition only, and change it to <p class="description" style="text-align: justify;">, but that doesn't work at all: after running the filter I find that nothing has changed! The test fields in the search & replace filter indicate that it's going to work, but it didn't. What am I doing wrong?
Can you post the HTML of one of the recalcitrant Comments in code tags (that's the '#' button in Advanced mode)

BR
Old 07-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #5
Ersatzreifen
Bibliothekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Ersatzreifen - you should be able to do it with Bulk Metadata Edit, difficulty depends on the 'state' of the HTML, if it's simple and well formed then replacing <p> with <p style="text-align: justify;"> should do the trick

Try it on a couple of books - others with deeper knowledge of HTML, RegEx may have a better solution

Oh yes, and as always, with Bulk Metadata Edit, backup your library before doing massive updates

BR
No joy.
Only some of the book comments contain the <p> tag. For those which do your suggestion did work, but for those which had no <p> tag, which is most of them, it couldn't work.

What's needed is a setting in Calibre to force the comments, all of them, to full justification, except where other justification is chosen by the user. Perhaps the powers that be can program such a setting into the Preferences. That would be nice!

Thanks for the help, but....
(I'm still looking for a workable solution for this, until a new setting magically appears in Preferences! {Hint, hint, hint! })
Old 07-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator

@Ersatzreifen - formal requests for enhancement can be lodged here ==>> Bugs : calibre.

BR