Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur
jayp2013mobile began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wi-Fi
New feature Fetch annotations (experimental)

I have noted this item under Calibre 2.71.0 "Send to Device". New feature "Fetch annotations (experimental)". Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to do and how to use it ?
jayp2013mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
That's not a new feature. It's been there for Kobo and Kindle devices for at least five years.

The way it works is that when you have a device plugged in whose driver supports it, select the option and it retrieves the annotations from the device and adds them to the comments field of the matching book in the calibre library. It works OK for the Kobo devices, but I don't know about the Kindles.

An alternative is the Annotations plugin. This does basically the same thing, but has some options. You can choose to use a column other than the comments, and you can review the annotations before adding them to the library.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

I use a Kindle Fire HD 7 4th Generation. Where does that leaves me ?
Old 11-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
The Annotations plugin doesn't have support for the Kindle Fire. I don't know about the Fetch Annotations in calibre.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:35 PM   #5
jayp2013mobile
Connoisseur

Thank for the clarification.