Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Mark C
Mark C began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Two PRS-505's on one PC?

Hi everyone,

I just posted the same thread on Adobe's forum and I figured that if I asked you guys too it might help answer my question.

My wife has a Sony PRS-505 registered to her laptop PC, I have ordered the same model reader for myself, but I have a Mac, so I would need to be able to register Adobe Digital Editions on a PC in order to ensure transfer of encrypted ebooks.

Is it possible to register 2 readers to one PC?

Apologies if this question seems stupid, but I'm very new to all this!

Thank you for any help you may be able to give.
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
I´m pretty sure you can do this, Sony(& Adobe) allows a maximum of 6(this is probably wrong so someone else correct me) devices to be authorized to the same account(Counting the PC and your Wife´s reader you have just 2 so far).
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Mark C
Mark C began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the quick response!

So I guess I just register my new toy as I did the original 505, then download digital editions for my mac (I already downloaded calibre as I heard it was one of the better programs for communicating between the 505 and my imac).

Any other tips you guys can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Yes, but you guys will need to be registered under the same account (same email address, credit card). You can put six devices (which includes computers) under one account. So register your new 505 on your PC under your wife's account, and download Adobe DE and Calibre on your Mac. Shuffle between the two as needed. You won't have all of your books on the same computer, but it works. At least you have access to the Sony store if you need to buy books from Sony.

Hopefully Mac support will come soon from Sony, I don't have a Mac but I know quite a few Sony users do.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote