|04-03-2003, 10:35 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Device: Sony Clie TH55
Handstory eBooks: HS Authors & Hints Available
HandStory offers selected works from the following authors at the HandStory website's eBook page. You can install these on your PDA by visiting the site or by right-clicking your HandStory systray icon and choosing eBooks.
~~~~ HandStory Classic eBooks ~~~~
The following author's selected works are represented on the HandStory eBook page (I will keep this thread updated as HS adds new authors):
Louisa May Alcott
L. Frank Baum
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Arthur Conan Doyle
Ralph Waldo Emerson (new 6-12)
Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Guy de Maupassant
Edgar Allan Poe
George Bernard Shaw
Robert Louis Stevenson
Count Leo Tolstoy
Special Collection (Alexandre Dumas, Walt Whitman)
~~~~ HandStory eBook Basics ~~~~
HandStory also offers these suggestions to improve your PalmOS eBook reading experience:
1. Install eBooks to your PDA one-at-a-time by clicking the download link in Internet Explorer. The eBook will be automatically detected, encoded with your user name, and installed to your device by HandStory converter. If you download the eBook and try to install from your local hard drive, the installation will fail.
2. Use the left arrow and right arrow buttons at the bottom of the screen ( and ) to jump quickly to previously visited locations in the text.
3. Permanently mark your place by writing "/A" in the Graffiti area, or by selecting Marks > Add Bookmark from the drop down menu. To jump to a previously set bookmark, select Marks > Edit Bookmarks > Go To from the drop down menu.
4. Use the Search button () to locate specific words or chapters. In HandStory eBooks, for example, chapter and sub-chapter titles begin with a < sign or ~ sign, respectively. In BookRags.com eBooks, chapters are marked by a series of colons, such as :::::::::: . Finding and bookmarking chapters in advance can be especially useful for research and class discussion.
5. Set a Quick Bookmark to mark your position while you scan another section, and then quickly return to the same place. Write "/s" to set the Quick Bookmark, or "/g" to return. If you mistakenly write "/o" and the current eBook closes, reopen the eBook and jump back to your previous location by tapping either the left or right arrow ( and ).
6. Return to the place where you want to resume before you close the eBook, because a new Quick Bookmark will be set to the last open page.
7. Jump by percentage to a specific portion to a specific portion of the text. For example, jump to 75 percent to begin reviewing the last quarter of the text.
8. Select your preferred Font by going to the Options menu and selecting Doc Font. Note, however, that the cover page is designed for the default font. Also, changing the font may require a few moments for HandStory to repaginate.
9. The List of Contents icon to the lower to the lower right of the eBook screen () is reserved for chapter hyperlinks in upcoming commercial eBooks.
Similar instructions are provide at the HandStory eBook Basics page for the PocketPC version.
~~~~ HandStory Copyright Notice ~~~~
Copyright © 2002 Namo Interactive Inc. All rights reserved.
HandStory eBooks are copyrighted works and may not be converted to any other format, electronic or otherwise, nor sold or distributed without the prior written permission of Namo Interactive Inc. HandStory eBook Editions are original works published under contract. HandStory eBook Classics are electronic editions digitally repurposed from sources in the public domain; any perceived errors should be considered to be artifacts of the conversion process. HandStory eBooks are protected by United States and international copyright law.
For more information contact email@example.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Promotion Posting Guidelines||dreams||Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers||0||07-09-2010 02:23 PM|
|Kobo & multiple authors||Medieval Guy||Calibre||7||07-02-2010 04:32 PM|
|Royalties on ebooks - a view from authors||Argel||News||12||01-07-2010 11:54 AM|
|Contacting Authors about eBooks||Tenkian||Reading Recommendations||19||04-28-2008 10:30 AM|
|Help with HandStory & Mac OSX!||daught||Reading and Management||7||01-22-2004 12:44 PM|