Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
leeannk
leeannk began at the beginning.

Device: none
New Here from Ct

Hi there...New here. I am still deciding between the sony and the kindle. When I think I want one...I want the other, so I am here to read up and get reviews and eventually here to troubleshoot. I would really love to save some room and not have books everywhere.
leeannk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hello alien2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	31502 leeannk. Welcome to Mobileread.

I've got a silver Sony 505 and love it, but I'm sure you'll love whatever device you choose to get.

Be sure to let us know which one you choose, and then how you like it once you get a chance to play with it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, leeannk

I have the Sony 505 *BLUE* and absolutely love it. I take it everywhere with me and plan to soon learn how to download library books to it.

I hope you are able to choose the one that best fits your needs. Be sure to let us know which one you get.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
leeannk
leeannk began at the beginning.

Device: none
I know. I really like the Sony 505 in red, and have seen them for 268...but I learned about the readers on amazon and they are pro kindle, so there are tons of reviews for that one. I have to check out my libraries and see how they are for ebooks. That would really save me, but then the convenience of being able to go on the reader and pick books and get them that way seems cool too.
leeannk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeannk View Post
I know. I really like the Sony 505 in red, and have seen them for 268...but I learned about the readers on amazon and they are pro kindle, so there are tons of reviews for that one. I have to check out my libraries and see how they are for ebooks. That would really save me, but then the convenience of being able to go on the reader and pick books and get them that way seems cool too.
Some members on MR get the NY public library card (non resident) I've heard that the SF public library is also pretty good.

Good luck on making your choice...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi leeannk and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over a year and a half and really like it.

What part of CT are you from. I graduated from Old Lyme High and UCONN.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EBW-1150, Sony PRS-700BC, Sony PRS-600BC, Sony PRS650BC
Welcome to MobileRead, LeeannK!

Whatever device you eventually choose, I know you will love the whole ereading experience. I have the sony 700 and absolutely love it! Check out the Wiki here at MR to get all the details on the two devices you are thinking about so that you can pick the one that most closely matches your needs. Then be sure to check out all the free ebooks you can download here at MR.

Enjoy and Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote