Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
sherman
Addict
sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC, B&N Nook, Sony PRS-650/BC, Kobo Glo
Using embedded fonts with italics only

How can I get embedded fonts to be used for italics only when converting from various source documents ((x)html based)? I am converting to LRF.

Currently, in CSS override I have
Code:
i	{font-family: Fontin;}

.italic	{font-family: Fontin;}
This works great when the source document uses <span class=italic> for italics, but falls apart dismally if the source doc uses <i></i>. In fact, I completely loose italics in the converted file.
Is there a way to get calibre to change <i></i> to <span class=italic></span>? Or is there another way to get the same result (without having to change my source files!!)?

Cheers
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
sherman
Addict
sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Advertisement
Old 06-27-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
sherman
Addict

For those who are interested, I figured out something that works - I don't know how "correct" it is, but hey...

Basically,
Code:
i {font-family:Fontin;}
Became
Code:
i {font-style:italic; font-family:Fontin;}