Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
For Ikea-haters & role-players

It would make shopping there more fun...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2008-04-30.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	31191  
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I've never understood my daughter Shannon's fascination with IKEA. She can't wait to get her own apartment and start buying furniture there.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I do like some of the furniture, if I'm honest. It's just the stores themselves I hate :shudders:
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
I'd be fine if it was laid out sensibly, and I wasn't herded around like cattle.
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ha! Love it! I actually do like Ikea, but not really for their furniture. My ADD kicks in when I saw all of the gadgets and thingies for really cheap.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
There's a humorist here that did a sketch about shopping at ikea - it's in French, but the first thing he describes is a tipical girl arriving at ikea and the face he makes is just simply me! I love that place, I love it, I love it, I love it!!! It's like a toys'r'us for me, it's my heaven, a humongous play ground, the gate to happyness.

I LOVE IKEA (I feel like I'm coming out!)

Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've been an Ikea fan since they opened their first American stores (King of Prussia, PA... I was living in Philly at the time). Sure, some furniture was cheap... but a lot of it was good quality, easy to transport, easy to assemble, and I always liked the styles (my wife... not so much). We still shop there, though we're particular about what we bring back. Like so many other things, you have to be discriminating.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Loved the cartoon!

Also like Ikea - I live so close to one (less than a mile) that I use it quite a lot. If you have one of their family cards you can get free cups of tea, and you don't need to go in the shop.

But I have now been there so many times I know the short cuts, and can get where I need to go very easily without having to use the winding corridor of doom.

I do remember the first time I visited Ikea - I was about 15 and we went on a family trip there, which included my 3 year old sister and my gran. It was either Boxing Day or the day after so it was packed. After spending what felt like several hours trying to find what we wanted in the corridor of doom with half the population of London, we ended up in the cafe where we couldn't find anything my brother, my dad or my gran would eat. We went home with a small blackboard for my sister and some pegs. My dad has never been in one again.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I've been an Ikea fan since they opened their first American stores (King of Prussia, PA... I was living in Philly at the time). Sure, some furniture was cheap... but a lot of it was good quality, easy to transport, easy to assemble, and I always liked the styles (my wife... not so much). We still shop there, though we're particular about what we bring back. Like so many other things, you have to be discriminating.
Oh yeah I know that Ikea. Used to be only a few minutes from my work.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:40 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Virtually my entire house is furnished from IKEA - there's a big "superstore" about 5 miles away from where I live. My book collection is housed in their "Billy" bookcases, for example .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I've never understood my daughter Shannon's fascination with IKEA. She can't wait to get her own apartment and start buying furniture there.
IKEA has decent stuff for a decent price. And I personally like a lot of their stuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I do like some of the furniture, if I'm honest. It's just the stores themselves I hate :shudders:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
I'd be fine if it was laid out sensibly, and I wasn't herded around like cattle.
Our IKEA has shortcuts everywhere. If you walk at shopping speed, you can take over 30 minutes or less than 10 to cross the entire shop. Sometimes we do the long route, sometimes the short (when we know exactly where we need to go)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Virtually my entire house is furnished from IKEA - there's a big "superstore" about 5 miles away from where I live. My book collection is housed in their "Billy" bookcases, for example .
My book collection is housed in a IVAR shelving system And my old (= ancient) bed, which I had since I was a girl is still in our spare bedroom. It must be over 20 years old now (as are some of my IVAR system parts).

When I started living up north, there was only a "catalog" store (you could only order stuff, not take it with you). Then they made this "large" store as a lot of people wanted one. And within 5 years (they had planned about 10 years) it was too small again... (after that catalog store, we had the smallest but one in the country, now we have the largest but one and they're rebuilding already and when they're finished, we'll have the largest but one in Europe, only Sweden will have a larger one...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:07 AM   #12
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
We do have a few of these "Billy" bookcases, and the books seem quite happy in there.
A bit crowded, though, but it's our fault, not the bookcases'.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:45 AM   #13
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
Also like Ikea - I live so close to one (less than a mile) that I use it quite a lot.
Certainly the Bristol and Cardiff one's aren't normally too crowded - cetainly not when compared to London/Staples Corner, for instance. When we lived over there, just getting to that store was bad enough, even when I went by bike rather than car! That was always heaving, whereas we've normally found Bristol to be fine.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:52 AM   #14
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
My book collection is housed in their "Billy" bookcases, for example .
With glass doors? I have two of those.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:55 AM   #15
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Certainly the Bristol and Cardiff one's aren't normally too crowded - cetainly not when compared to London/Staples Corner, for instance. When we lived over there, just getting to that store was bad enough, even when I went by bike rather than car! That was always heaving, whereas we've normally found Bristol to be fine.
I have seen it busy, but can usually time my visits for quieter times because I'm nearby, which is a luxury.

The thing I don't like about the stores is the lack of natural light. I start to feel slightly disorientated if I'm there too long.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote