Stop with your infernal polls, already! 1 2.86%
I just want to follow this poll 9 25.71%
I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon, they are evil incarnate 11 31.43%
The blue Canadian/German one next to the Portuguese fish 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Did you bite?

Did you buy a Kindle DX?

Do you love it?

Did you 'cross over'?

Tell us about it!

**This is a public poll. Others can see your vote.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 06-13-2009 at 01:30 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I'm just interested in this poll and the last option, but know better than to vote until it has been finalized by the poll fairy.

BTW, what's the difference between option #1 and #5.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I'm just interested in this poll and the last option, but know better than to vote until it has been finalized by the poll fairy.

BTW, what's the difference between option #1 and #5.

WDE.

Mod??? Remove #5, please?
Old 06-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Mod??? Remove #5, please?
Well, it could mean that the purchaser only had a hand-held multi-function device for reading and not a "dedicated" ebook reader. Going from one really small screen to one really large screen, bypassing the middle-of-the-road sized screen entirely. Couldn't it?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I'll buy many things from Amazon... but not any of their ebook readers. Not so long as they would bully sites like MR, and not so long as they insist on a proprietary format.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
Darn these infernal polls I just can't not vote in them.
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham88 View Post
... I just can't not vote in them.

I quite agree, except for the "darn them"! I don't know what it is, but as soon as I see "poll" I'm right there! An overwhelming need to express my opinion?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #8
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Spain!
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I could swear that I read the topic as Do you Bite?

And the answer to that would be, gently but with vigor.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I could swear that I read the topic as Do you Bite?

And the answer to that would be, gently but with vigor.
This board is filled with nuts.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Wait. We have 15 votes, but no one has admitted to buying a DX.............
Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Wait. We have 15 votes, but no one has admitted to buying a DX.............
There seems to be a bit of a trend with your polls DG, or kindle owners are a bit shy!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
There seems to be a bit of a trend with your polls DG, or kindle owners are a bit shy!
apt observation.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #14
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I used to buy books from Amazon. Then I got my Sony and have no need to do so any more.
These days I buy antihistamines from Amazon. For some reason I like the idea of purchasing medicine from a book store.
Yesterday I ordered some Lemongrass seeds from Amazon. This made perfect sense to me.
I tried to buy some cooking condiments from Amazon but they wouldn't ship them to Japan. Neither would they ship the "Backyard Water Park."
Buy a Kindle? Not on yer nelly!
I expect that next week Amazon will change its name to Sear & Roebuck and then go out of business shortly afterwords.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
I voted for the last option. Germans only bite when they feel threatened btw. If someone takes away the chocolate, for example.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote