Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #61
Tessie
Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tessie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs 505
I don't really have a very interesting reason why I should win. If I do win - I will probably give it to my youngest son who has a broken but usuable 505 and who wants a Kindle 2. That is, I would want a Kindle 2 if I won, but if I don't like it much better than my own 505, I wouldnt keep it and tell him TOUGH LUCK.

Edith
Old 06-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #62
Fathermole
Connoisseur
Fathermole began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I'm entering the giveaway
I need to win because:

- It's almost my kids birthday would be a great present
- I love to read!
- I love gadgets!
- I love mobileread!
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #63
babylemon
Code Monkey
babylemon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I want in, too

I want in, too.

I think I should win. You see, right now, I have a PRS-505 that I got from the borders discount. I think this device is awesome! I only wish that the boyfriend can see the view from my now-not-strained eyes. However, if I buy one for him, he'd throw a tantrum with the "save your money you're going to grad school" thing, and I like mine too much to give to him.

So, if I get one for free (hey, if that happens to be better than what I have right now, wink wink!) I can tell that to him and give my old one to him

Everyone will be happy, and I will solve the global warming in a few years
Old 06-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #64
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Talking entering contest

Thanks for the great contest. I would definitely like to enter it.

I should win an e-Book reader because:

- I do not already have one.
- I read about 3 books a month.
- I am about to move to China for 3-4 years.
- I cannot take even close to the amount of books that I want with me to China.
- An e-Book reader would help me to be able to read lots of books while I live in China.

Thanks again!

Nathan
Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #65
shrimphead
shrimphead began at the beginning.

Device: Plastic Logic
Why you should pick me

I am entering the giveaway.

Why should you pick me?
I lived off grid (that means no electricity, phone, cell service, or running hot water) in small cabin the woods of British Columbia for 3 years and still managed to work full time as a system administrator for a small newspaper. That off-grid time taught me a lot about saving electricity for important stuff like solar powered iPod music players (i got 1 hour a day of music).

I am hoping to move back to the woods soon and would love to have a digital book reader. Why? Wouldn't paperback books be more efficient in the woods? Technically yes, but I also commute by bicycle to and from town and anything that can't fit in a bike panier doesn't make it to cabin. With an electronic reader I can have all my technical manuals as well as all my readings in both official languages (french and english). And that's a lot of books!

(Also I could show off to all the other crazies in the woods that some technology is really useful in living off grid.)

Thanks,
Shrimphead
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #66
GottaRead
GottaRead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I'd like to enter the giveaway!

I should win because then I can finally get around the rule my husband has about not getting a new book until I get rid of some. Really, I only have a few bookcases. And I re-read many of them, so I'd love to have a device that would allow me to carry around my library with them.

Not to mention that having an ebook reader would mean sooo much less luggage when I travel. I need atleast three books with me for any decent length trip.

I'm new to posting on MR, but I"ve been a long time reader/lurker. I love this site!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #67
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I should win the eBook reader so I can compare the one I won (Sony 700) to the 505 and thus give potential buyers good advice
Old 06-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #68
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
My Brain Hurts

Please. Me too. Count me in.

I most certainly must win because I have opposable thumbs. That, and the fact that I read, voraciously, and need access to technical books, means that I must learn for my devious plan.

I cannot say which one I will want, since by the time this contest has been decided there will be more players in the market. We can talk then about my ultimate choice.

Probably not fony. Probably not Kindling.

G
Old 06-11-2009, 12:28 PM   #69
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Please enter my name in the giveaway!

Please enter me in the giveaway!
Reasons why you should pick me include:
--I'm a teacher and have the responsibility of educating young people, with little financial compensation;

-- I'd like to be able to recommend a reader to my school and there are no eink devices here. So, if I win one I can use it to demonstrate the technology;

-- My daughter needs to read more, and I could give her one ebook reader;

-- I just never win anything so winning this would be a great surprise!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #70
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
It's very simple. I need a Kindle 2 because otherwise my hard earned Kindle DX will always be in the hands of my girlfriend. 'No,' she says, 'I don't read a lot... I don't want an eReader..' and yet when she's around, I can hardly get her to look at me.

Which would be OK if I could use the peace and quiet to read a book, but she has my Kindle!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #71
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
I need another PRS-505 because my wife keeps looking at mine and I'm afraid she will steal it from me.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #72
lunged
Enthusiast
lunged doesn't litterlunged doesn't litter

Device: iPad
I would like to enter the giveaway!

My reason for wanting to win is because my girlfriend lives in Hong Kong and I live in Florida. Wolfram Alpha tells me we live 8787 miles apart. Not only is that a cool number, it is a ridiculously long distance. An e-book reader would make my journeys to Hong Kong (or other locations we decide to meet in between) vastly better. Most of my extra (and non-extra) money is, quite obviously, spent just trying to see her. I have been lusting after an e-book reader for a long time now, and this would be a great opportunity to get one! My next flight will hopefully be in July or early August - perfect timing to acquaint myself with a new device!
I'm torn between the two Sony readers... the Kindle is in 3rd, but not out of the question. Time for even more research!
Good luck, everyone!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #73
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
My request for entry into the contest...

I would love to enter this contest and thanks for the opportunity.

The reason I should win is that I am a fairly new member but am always on the lookout for ways to help others learn about ereading and its benefits. Since becoming a member here and selecting a PRS-505 as my reader of choice I have helped to clarify the choice whenever possible for those going through the selection process... This is for both members here and friends at home.

My only limitation is that I can currently only give "hands on" advice to those looking to give the Sony a shot. Those poor individuals that would like a Kindle I can only tell them what I have read and heard about the device. If I were to get a Kindle 2... well, then I could present future users with my own experiences with the device.

Seriously though, I can't believe how much more I read now that I have my Sony. I could never justify buying a second device so soon after the first but I would love the opportunity to try a Kindle 2... Then pass on my least favorite on to a needy friend (his wife won't even consider letting him get one... and he listens... YIKES!!!).

RA
Old 06-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #74
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Since I have a jetBook, I need to win an eInk reader. This way, I balance the yin and yang of ebook reading and thus ensues universal harmony, peace and love
Old 06-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #75
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I should win, because if I do not win I will herniate a disk in my back carrying heavy books, which will require outrageously expensive surgery to repair, causing a severe drain on the nation's health care system, causing the world economy to collapse, causing the Internet to shrivel up and die, causing MobileRead to cease to exist. You can only prevent this catastrophe by giving me the prize. Moohahaha...

(I just discovered MobileRead this week, and this is my very first post. Thanks for the great web site.)
Closed Thread