Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
sysco
sysco began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3 x 2
Need old calibre 05.xxx, working now on debian stable

hello, need donwload old calibre, my debian no have python2.6 and not runnig calibre 6.0, and no backup

How to get the old? for linux...

Thanks for the best sof, to manager ebboks.

Sorry for my bad english, its my 1 post, but reading us for months.

Last edited by sysco; 07-26-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Solucionado
sysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The 0.5.x series of Calibre also needed python 2.6 so reverting to that Calibre release will not solve your problem.

What problem are you having using the 0.6.0 version? Some people have reported not having the libphonon.so.4 library in their linux distribution which is required by the 0.6.0 binary install of Calibre. Installing this package seems to have solved the problem for most people although those running 64-bit versions of linux seem to sometimes have issues about getting the 32-bit version installed.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
sysco

[QUOTE=itimpi;533183]The 0.5.x series of Calibre also needed python 2.6 so reverting to that Calibre release will not solve your problem.

What problem are you having using the 0.6.0 version? Some people have reported not having the libphonon.so.4 library in their linux distribution which is required by the 0.6.0 binary install of Calibre. Installing this package seems to have solved the problem for most people although those running 64-bit versions of linux seem to sometimes have issues about getting the 32-bit version installed.[/QUOTE

Use amd-64 bits and calibre 0.5,14 works well, and update for 0.6, the error...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/init.py", line 43, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 11, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 11, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 339, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/output.py", line 18, in <module>
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/writer.py", line 22, in <module>
File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtWebKit.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: libphonon.so.4: no se puede abrir el fichero del objeto compartido: No existe el fichero o el directorio

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing /home/sysco/Desktop/bajados/libphonon4_4.2.0-2_i386.deb
dpkg: error al procesar /home/sysco/Desktop/bajados/libphonon4_4.2.0-2_i386.deb (--install):
la arquitectura del paquete (i386) no corresponde con la del sistema (amd64)
Se encontraron errores al procesar:

Can't put i386 lib on my amd-64,

No have backup of directory /opt/calibre
Old 07-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
sysco

Working...

I'm put manually libphonon4_4.2.0-2_i386.deb in directory /usr/lib32 and working.

thanks
Old 07-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Glad to hear it now works.

The requirement for the libphonon library is new in the 0.6.0 release - apparently it is required by the Qt 4.5 package that is now used by Calibre which is why some users are now encountering this issue.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote