Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
earthwriter
Earthwriter
earthwriter began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello from newbie, I need some technical support with dtp please.

Hello,
I am not sure I'm posting in the correct forum. I searched for an online forum for dtp support and I found this, but I'm not sure I found the right place. I am an author and I'm currently in the process of preparing my e-book for Kindle submission. The problem is that I'm having some technical trouble and I ran into a few snags. Unfortunately, I'm a novice and newbie and I'm neither technically nor html savvy. I know a little bit, like the basics, I can navigate the Internet with ease and I am fine with my word processing programs, but the special formatting and conversions are driving me crazy! It is very important to me that I finish this project that I started and submit my e-book. I've written a very important non-fiction e-book that needs to be read asap yesterday because of the important subject matter. Please help, I'd appreciate it. Thank you. And if there is a more appropriate forum, please direct me there. I will post right away. Thank you.

Earthwriter
earthwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, earthwriter.

You should be receiving some help soon, but in the meantime, may I ask the subject matter of your book?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi earthwriter and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
may I ask the subject matter of your book?
I'd take a punt that it's "Climate Change"...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
For submission to the Kindle ebook store through Amazon Digital Services, you should really format it yourself in Mobipocket format for best results.

Starting with clean HTML will help, and then run it through Mobipocket Creator (free).

So - the Mobipocket forum is probably the best place to ask questions. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to help with tips and advice -- several other writers have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwriter View Post
Hello,
I am not sure I'm posting in the correct forum. I searched for an online forum for dtp support and I found this, but I'm not sure I found the right place. I am an author and I'm currently in the process of preparing my e-book for Kindle submission. The problem is that I'm having some technical trouble and I ran into a few snags. Unfortunately, I'm a novice and newbie and I'm neither technically nor html savvy. I know a little bit, like the basics, I can navigate the Internet with ease and I am fine with my word processing programs, but the special formatting and conversions are driving me crazy! It is very important to me that I finish this project that I started and submit my e-book. I've written a very important non-fiction e-book that needs to be read asap yesterday because of the important subject matter. Please help, I'd appreciate it. Thank you. And if there is a more appropriate forum, please direct me there. I will post right away. Thank you.

Earthwriter
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert