Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
CyberRead celebrates 100,000 titles with 30% coupon code for April

Hey fellow eReaders,

CyberRead - http://www.cyberread.com/ - is not the greatest site for eBooks but from time to time I have found their selection suits my needs for some hard to find books. In addition, they sometimes a coupon code or simply the best price on specific books I'm after.

Apparently over the past 3 years they have gone from 10,000 eBook titles to 100,000 titles and want to celebrate, so they are offering a 30% discount for the month of April! Simply enter the following coupon code in your basket before checkout:

They also offer to send you a 40% discount code anytime if you submit a book review on their site - I haven't tried this yet but plan to soon.

Check it out and post any good/bad experiences of this coupon in this thread. Enjoy!

P.S. I've been registered with them for a few months and never had the problem of regional restriction on titles, as at some places, so this may be of interest for fellow non-US buyers as well.

Last edited by orwell2k; 04-04-2009 at 07:40 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Hi eBookers,

211 people read this thread, nobody replied. I hope someone took advantage of the offer. I certainly did - picked up a number of otherwise pricey books for 30% off! Even their non-discounted prices were pretty competitive.

The only drawback with Cyberread is their selection - a little more limited than Fictionwise or Mobipocket, but often they have a title when other sites do not (some kind of strange title selection going on there, but I'm not complaining!). And they don't (yet) seem to region restrict their titles - which is nice.

I've placed 7 orders over the past 5 months. Use code:

for the 30% discount until end April 2009. Cheers!
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Have you had this happen :-

speaking of no regional restriction - added The Grand Conjunction - only format mobipocket - when I went to check out, 'not available in mobipocket'. Does that happen, or is it maybe because it isn't released yet?
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Have you had this happen :-

speaking of no regional restriction - added The Grand Conjunction - only format mobipocket - when I went to check out, 'not available in mobipocket'. Does that happen, or is it maybe because it isn't released yet?
I expect it is because the release date is 28 April 2009. Try again tomorrow?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I'll give it a shot, then. It didn't give me GEOGRAPHICALLY RESTRICTED in big red type at least to that point, anyway.
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Hey fellow eReaders,

CyberRead - http://www.cyberread.com/ - is not the greatest site for eBooks but from time to time I have found their selection suits my needs for some hard to find books. In addition, they sometimes a coupon code or simply the best price on specific books I'm after.

Apparently over the past 3 years they have gone from 10,000 eBook titles to 100,000 titles and want to celebrate, so they are offering a 30% discount for the month of April! Simply enter the following coupon code in your basket before checkout:

They also offer to send you a 40% discount code anytime if you submit a book review on their site - I haven't tried this yet but plan to soon.

Check it out and post any good/bad experiences of this coupon in this thread. Enjoy!

P.S. I've been registered with them for a few months and never had the problem of regional restriction on titles, as at some places, so this may be of interest for fellow non-US buyers as well.

have ordered 5 books with this code as a non-us buyer.
worked fine!
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Many thanks! I managed to get several books I couldn't get elsewhere.

bathos
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Still not available, so guess still maybe not 'out'? Try once more tomorrow I guess.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:53 AM   #9
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
Still not available, so guess still maybe not 'out'? Try once more tomorrow I guess.
Strange - I get to the point where I can enter credit card info, but don't want to actually do that or I'll buy the book. Do you get that far?

The other thing could be that it is still not quite 28 April in the US, so you may need to wait another day in Australia for the yanks to catch up

Try again tomorrow - let us know the outcome. Cheers!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:28 AM   #10
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Ok, got further this time - but now 'Payment may be unsafe' - checking the details - not sure whether that is the shop thinks that, or paypal thinks the shop is, or what.

"This PayPal transaction seems to be unsafe and will be validated.

Your payment has been delayed.

Your order requires manual review by our customer support team. They will resolve this issue very quickly. Check back with the site within the next couple of hours."

Could also be because not a seppo, perhaps, so will see what happens.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #11
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
Ok, got further this time - but now 'Payment may be unsafe' - checking the details - not sure whether that is the shop thinks that, or paypal thinks the shop is, or what.

"This PayPal transaction seems to be unsafe and will be validated.

Your payment has been delayed.

Your order requires manual review by our customer support team. They will resolve this issue very quickly. Check back with the site within the next couple of hours."

Could also be because not a seppo, perhaps, so will see what happens.
Yeah, I got this also when I ordered this month (twice) - first time I've seen it. I thought perhaps my card was flagged because I placed a couple if orders in quick succession, at CyberRead and Fictionwise. But now that it happened to you I think it is rather a hiccup with their system, or some new (and improved) payment security system.

Anyway, your order will go through after some hours. Not the near-real-time acquisition of eBooks we all wish for, so that is annoying, but I think this will be temporary.

I plan to write to them and report the problem. In the past, they have been reasonably responsive to my submissions (more so than places like Fictionwise). Perhaps if a few people write with the same problem they'll get the message, so you should also contact them.

Your books should be available for download soon - keep checking your orders on your account page.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Yeah, is now, so sounds like the same as what you say. Could even be a person checking up on stuff I suppose.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just took advantage of the discount to get a book that just came out.

Star Trek: Vanguard: Open Secrets by Dayton Ward

I just finished converting to it ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
poodlespal
poodlespal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will the CyberRead format work on kindle

I am a newbie and usually would do more research myself before posting a basic question. Since tomorrow is April 30, I need a shortcut. I own a kindle 1 and my husband is considering a sony 505. Will Cyber Read books work on either of these formats? Thanks.
poodlespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlespal View Post
I am a newbie and usually would do more research myself before posting a basic question. Since tomorrow is April 30, I need a shortcut. I own a kindle 1 and my husband is considering a sony 505. Will Cyber Read books work on either of these formats? Thanks.
You'd need to remove the DRM using MobideDRm.py. Google is your friend.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote