Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: What is still missing in our Community?
Scripting Section (Perl, php,..) 8 18.18%
eBook Reader Software Section 8 18.18%
eBook Reader Hardware Section 0 0%
eBook Section (free, pay) 16 36.36%
Wap/I-mode/Wireless Section 6 13.64%
Something else... (see my post) 6 13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Exclamation The Present - The Future

Well, as you can see, our forum underwent a massive face-lift. We hope that you like it.

But we don't want to stop here. Visual changes are nice, but they not enough.

Our forum has grown to almost 900 members now within just a couple of months. We think that this makes a very good community base.

At the same time, our iSilo Web Channel Collection has been a great success! The numbers of downloads speak for themselves: [list=1][*]WCC Folder - 4209 downloads[*]WCC Ram - 1377 downloads[*]WCC VFS - 2277 downloads[/list=1]And now it is the time to expand the board with new sections that are related to mobile content.

In this post we give you some options to poll what you would like to see in the future.

But this should by no means restrict you from telling us - your ideas- of what we could add to our community. On the contrary.

Please give us your input, so we can make this here the truely #1 place for mobile content.

The Turcic.com Team
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:09 PM   #2
Agrajag
Connoisseur
Agrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it is

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'd like a see a Support section for iSilo(x) that Darren takes part in.
Agrajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2003, 02:50 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If Darren agrees... no problem on my part.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
kizer
kizer began at the beginning.

Device: T-Mobile SideKick
Hmm, maybe a pda/wireless template of the forum unless Im just blind and its already up a .

I used to visit the old forum with my wireless device, but now with its small screen size it makes it rather difficult with all the images.

The new forum does look awesome by the way on my PC.
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:59 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Kizer thanks I will definitely bring a mobile forum again. Will keep you updated.

You can try to download the Archive, or just the New Links section of it, with iSiloX in the meantime. It requires some cookie settings though. If you like I can post instruction for that.
Advert
Old 03-26-2003, 03:02 PM   #6
PiK
PiK began at the beginning.

Device: clie sj20
Expanded Plucker support would be great. Otherwise, thanks for all the hard work!

Paul
PiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 03:05 PM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by PiK
Expanded Plucker support would be great. Otherwise, thanks for all the hard work!

Paul
Plucker is very powerful, but can also be quite complex. If I find a capable person who runs the Plucker section (Hacker, hint hint! ), I will open for it.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:27 PM   #8
daught
Enthusiast
daught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it is

Greetings. I'd be interested in an Apple Macintosh OS forum related to eBook Reader software, including the use of iSoloX and Plucker (especially in OS X).
daught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #9
bookrats
bookrats began at the beginning.

Thumbs up

Honestly, I'm quite pleased with the board as is. THank you for all of the hard work!
bookrats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:42 PM   #10
daught
Enthusiast
daught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it is

Greetings. Would there be enough interest to add an Acrobat Reader for Palm OS forum? I am excited about the potential of this application, but I have had irregular success using this it (especially in Mac OS X version). The Adobe's user forum on this product is poorly attended.

Gary
Old 03-26-2003, 05:05 PM   #11
emceephd
emceephd began at the beginning.

Great job

I think Alexander does a great job on our behalf. Keep up the good work.
emceephd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:57 PM   #12
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally posted by daught
Greetings. Would there be enough interest to add an Acrobat Reader for Palm OS forum? I am excited about the potential of this application, but I have had irregular success using this it (especially in Mac OS X version). The Adobe's user forum on this product is poorly attended.

Gary
As regards Acrobat, what I would value is some instructions on how to convert pdf documents into a format which can be used by something more user friendly than Acrobat Reader for Palm - eg iSilo, HandStory, WordSmith etc. Acrobat Reader for Palm does a good job of replicating the original documents when they include images, but it is so slow moving from page to page.

As for new subjects, well, I think Acrobat Reader would be a good one, but I'd rather the forums didn't get too big - it would take too long monitoring them all! What I'm still eagerly awaiting is some instructions for dummies on how to use Script Clips in HandStory - they look potentially very powerful, but my attempts to write scripts have all been abject failures.

Anyway, congratulations, Alexander. A fine piece of work. (By the way, whereabouts in Switzerland do you live? It's our favourite holiday destiination)
BasilC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:16 PM   #13
KCoram
KCoram began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Plucker is very powerful, but can also be quite complex. If I find a capable person who runs the Plucker section (Hacker, hint hint! ), I will open for it.
I use Plucker, as well as HandStory. You might call me a hacker, but only if you're talking Old School style!

I don't have the time to moderate a forum, but I'm happy to answer the questions I can as I have time to.
KCoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:34 PM   #14
daught
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by BasilC
As regards Acrobat, what I would value is some instructions on how to convert pdf documents into a format which can be used by something more user friendly than Acrobat Reader for Palm - eg iSilo, HandStory, WordSmith etc.
OK, I agree that I can't keep track of my involvement in too many forums, but BasilC tipped my thinking to another good possibility...last one, promise! I'd love to see a good forum on WordSmith. I am aware of a YahooGroup dedicated to WordSmith, but I don't like YahooGroups message and posting interface, and I just can't stand the ad annoyance.

I don't know how many of you use WordSmith, but IMHO I think the broad range of WordSmith's capability, including advanced word processing, doc reading and expansion card access, definitely brings it under the general emphasis of turic.com forums. I am a new user of WordSmith on my Palm m500, and I know I have not begun to scratch the surface of WordSmith's capabilities. I have a keyboard for my Palm, and I'd like to start using it much more with my Palm and WordSmith for writing, etc.

In any event, I 'second' the round of effusive praise going to Alexander for giving this board a real punch. Thanks!

Gary
Old 03-27-2003, 12:49 AM   #15
Alex
Alex began at the beginning.

Hi,

I'm very happy with iSilo and the WCC, it grows really fast.
I use a Handera330 and its not so easy to find good applications
for 240x320.
The only problem that I see, when a page changes the layout,
or cancels the mobile or textonly content at all.
An up to date "broken link" section is very helpfull - it's up to us users to keep this information active.

regards
Alex
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote