Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mobi -> LRF, huge spaces between paragraphs

I have a couple of ebooks in Mobipocket format which, for reasons probably unknown even to the publisher, have small blank spaces between paragraphs. These spaces are on the order of half a line-width, as if someone set the default paragraph style to leave a 6-pt space after each paragraph. I don't care for the style, but it's no big deal.

Then I converted them to LRF with Calibre, and suddenly the half-line space was about a four- or five-line gap!

I definitely did not tell Calibre to insert a blank line after each paragraph. Is there a way to tell it to remove blank lines?
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ttry converting to epub first, with the remove blank lines option and then convert the epub to lrf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Djehuty
Connoisseur
Djehuty began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ah, thanks. I'm still not up to speed on this stuff. I don't think in terms of going through multiple conversions to get to my eventual destination.
Djehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djehuty View Post
I have a couple of ebooks in Mobipocket format which, for reasons probably unknown even to the publisher, have small blank spaces between paragraphs. These spaces are on the order of half a line-width, as if someone set the default paragraph style to leave a 6-pt space after each paragraph. I don't care for the style, but it's no big deal.

Then I converted them to LRF with Calibre, and suddenly the half-line space was about a four- or five-line gap!

I definitely did not tell Calibre to insert a blank line after each paragraph. Is there a way to tell it to remove blank lines?
Use mobi2oeb to convert to html and then edit the HTML to remove the spacing and then use html2lrf to convert to LRF. Use the OPF file with the --use-spine option.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote