Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #16
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with others

Device: PRS-700
I just started reading the first novel in this series, after a day I'm already 2/3rds in. I love it. its witty, well written, and honor is spunky.

I love it. the bit when the big H visited the ship had me in stitches.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #17
vsalvaggio
Connoisseur
vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!vsalvaggio , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle, iphone, ipad
This is one of my favorite series. I highly recommend it.
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
Gibbo
Evangelist
Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gibbo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4 - Kindle Paperwhite - Nexus 10 - LG G3
I'll give it a try after I finish "Pebble in the Sky" by Asimov.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I'll give it a try after I finish "Pebble in the Sky" by Asimov.
I highly recommend it. A lot of action and quite fascinating political stuff behind the scenes.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #20
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura (soon), (soon-to-be-ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I just started reading the first novel in this series, after a day I'm already 2/3rds in. I love it. its witty, well written, and honor is spunky.

I love it. the bit when the big H visited the ship had me in stitches.
Which part is "the bit when the big H visited the ship"?? That description alone leaves me with too many different possibilities...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #21
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Which part is "the bit when the big H visited the ship"?? That description alone leaves me with too many different possibilities...

Xenophon
Hauptmann?
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #22
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura (soon), (soon-to-be-ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
If "the Big H" visiting the ship is Hauptmann, that makes perfect sense. There's just too many "H" characters running around...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with othersAndybaby plays well with others

Device: PRS-700
lol, true, but only one character in the entire book ever steps aboard fearless as a visitor.

I just finished the first book today. and loved it
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote