Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
ebaylus
ebaylus began at the beginning.

Device: Nintendo DS
Calibre Newbie

OK, I've got a 'reader' that supports only XHTML files ( a 2nd one that MIGHT support TXT). I go thru all the work, but all I can get out of the probram is MOBO, ePub and LRF. Am I missing something, or is Calibre not the program that I need. My input files are .LIT and .PDF files. I read a lot of the forums, and searched Google, but I'm stuck....

TIA,
Gene
ebaylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I do not know if there are any programs that output XHTML directly.

It might be worth pointing out that EPub is just zipped XHTML under the covers - so you could try unzipping some of those to see if your reader is happy with them.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
ebaylus

If I unzip the ePub, I find the split HTML files, not XHTML. The reader cannot open these....

Any other ideas ( althought that WAS a good one!)

Gene
Old 04-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The html files should have XHTML content.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
ebaylus

So, can I just CHANGE the extension to XHTML ??

Thanks again!
Gene
Old 04-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Don't know if this will help but, try contacting the member that started this thread or post there for possible information http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=challenge

she is trying the Nintendo books also.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaylus View Post
OK, I've got a 'reader' that supports only XHTML files ( a 2nd one that MIGHT support TXT). I go thru all the work, but all I can get out of the probram is MOBO, ePub and LRF. Am I missing something, or is Calibre not the program that I need. My input files are .LIT and .PDF files. I read a lot of the forums, and searched Google, but I'm stuck....
The LIT files can be exploded/extracted to component formats (the main content/story being in HTML format). Search for ConvertLIT.

As for PDF, I'm not aware of any programs that will do decent conversion from PDF to HTML. However, Adobe Acrobat Reader will actually let you save unDRM'd PDF files as text (File » Save as Text). It's easy enough to convert from plain text to other formats.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote