Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast
Satans Puppet doesn't litterSatans Puppet doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PR(whusit)505
Stupid Question... LIT?

Does the reader support LIT Files? Just wondering...

I know about LRF and ePUB... and that's it, there now you know my limited knowledge!! I feel so foolish

Thanks

Puppy
Satans Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Not without a bit of tinkering with a couple tools-- one to strip the DRM and another to convert to LRF.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
I know about LRF and ePUB... and that's it, there now you know my limited knowledge!! I feel so foolish
You're one up on me! I know PDF and I've just learned a bit about ePUB. So.... you win! No need to feel foolish
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #4
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Not without a bit of tinkering with a couple tools-- one to strip the DRM and another to convert to LRF.
Not sure if it's legal to strip the DRM in the UK.... *looks from left to right, pops on a dusty old mac and fedora hat, looking shifty*

Would it be that Calibre thing that everyones goin on about?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:47 AM   #5
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
Calibre can convert the DRM free LIT file to LRF or EPUB.

But it can't strip the DRM. You need something else for that. What you need is some software to 'Convert lit'

Please note that I think it is illegal to do this in some countries.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #6
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

*tips the fedora hate... opens the mac briefly and then rushes off into the darkness, switching on the readers lighted case, basking in the eerie glow as he gazes out at M0zza*