|10-08-2009, 05:45 PM||#16|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Hello, could someone please help me out? I did all as above and the Kindle1 is still not showing Russian characters. Am I missing something? After flashing I added some serif and sans fonts to the customize folder but still nothing. Instead of the book name it shows ??????. Inside it shows "\u1091 \u1078" and etc. I'm on a Mac if that matters.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
|12-06-2010, 11:54 PM||#20|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Device: Kindle 1
It is working nice, I did all modifications and I can read Russian books.
Only one thing is not working, Content manager does not displayed Titles in Russian, just a blank line.
Can you advise if this could be fixed?
|04-16-2012, 04:06 PM||#21|
Join Date: May 2011
You can change the font to any font you want. Here is how,
1. Copy 'update_font_mod.v1' to root (SD card).
2. Copy your font to the 'Custom' folder (SD card).
3. Delete the original DroidSansFallback font in the 'Custom' folder.
4. Rename your font to DroidSansFallback.
5. Safely remove Kindle from your computer.
6. Go to Kindle Setting.
7. Press Menu one more time, you will see 'Update Kindle'.
8. Following screen instruction and wait for Kindle to re-boot itself.
|kindle 1 font hack|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Kindle 3G HSPA mod for UMTS in Europe||chip273||Amazon Kindle||9||07-27-2011 12:01 PM|
|Replacing Kindle Font with Any Desired Font?||SunLight||Kindle Developer's Corner||4||10-05-2010 12:14 AM|
|Is there a tool to see the contents of an embedded font file (ttf)?||James_Wilde||ePub||4||09-06-2010 04:53 PM|
|Kindle firmware update tool||igorsk||Kindle Developer's Corner||29||06-19-2009 10:25 PM|
|My Kindle 1 does USB charging too! [hardware mod]||shinew||Amazon Kindle||0||02-25-2009 01:35 AM|