Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
My Experience with Borsa Bella for the Sony 505

Hey, all. I want to share the experience I had with this "case" company:

Thanks to this thread, I found Borsa Bella's cases. I loved the patterns and bought the original Kindle case, hoping it would fit my Sony 505.

It was way too long and a little too wide. I used the "contact me" link on her site and asked if there was anything she would suggest for the Sony. The lady (I assume she's the owner), Melissa, was so nice. She asked me for the exact dimensions I was looking for and suggested 2 other cases - the wristlet and the cosmetic bag. She said she would send me both bags along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to return the 2 I didn't like. All of this for no additional charge.

When I received the package, there was only 1 bag inside, along with a note that she sewed this new bag with the dimensions I gave her, and to let her know if it worked. So, basically, she hand sewed a brand new bag, just for me, a new customer.

The new bag fits absolutely perfectly and I love it. It is soft and padded and the fabric is beautiful. It fits my reader, with the case, like a glove, without adding very much bulk, and no weight. I can slip it in my purse and it doesn't take up much room, and the Sony just slides right out of it.

I sent back the original Kindle bag back in the envelope and emailed to let her know how pleased I was. She responded that she was glad I was glad, and that she could now advertise a new bag sized for the Sony eReader.

I have absolutely no affiliation with this company, and had never heard of it (or the umbrella site she uses, Etsy) until another poster mentioned it. I am just so blown away by the service I received that I want to spread the word. Please feel free to ask me any questions.
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
lomax
lomax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Got a pic?
lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Etsy is awesome for that kind of stuff. People are willing to make custom items, and will take feedback on making something work. I bought a beautiful cover for my 505 from there.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Last edited by disney_mommy; 03-31-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Trying to fix pictures.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I tried to fix the pictures, and I think I made it worse. Sorry.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic

Grrrr! I tried making the pictures smaller (on PhotoBucket) and just using a slideshow, but that didn't work either. I can't seem to find a thread that can help me with this, so is there someone here that can shed some light on why this isn't working? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
If you right-click the pictures on etsy, go to properties, a URL will be listed. Highlight it and then in the text box here click the pictures icon and paste it in the box.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
If you right-click the pictures on etsy, go to properties, a URL will be listed. Highlight it and then in the text box here click the pictures icon and paste it in the box.
But what we'd like to see is a photo of the new case with the Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Here are her pictures:

Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nice bag to hold the Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
amazing customer service ! thanks for telling us about your experience.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #12
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Those are VERY cute....I had looked at the Etsy website at the covers that would take the place of the actual cover that the e-reader attaches to, but I plan to get the lightwedge so I didn't really pay much attention...but these zippered bags would be PERFECT for taking it in my purse....nice and safe from all the other odds and ends. Maybe I'll get one for my Ipod touch too if she makes any that are the right size. Thanks for sharing!!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #13
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic

Hey, my pictures showed up! Did I do that or did someone else have a hand in that? Either way, I'm glad!

The top two pictures are the "Gadget Bag" she also sells. I bought it for my Blackberry, but it fits my camera, 2 spare AA batteries and a memory card, better than my camera bag, so that's what I use it for now. I can't take a picture of my camera in the bag, though...

I went back on yesterday and bought another gadget bag in the same black and white pattern of the Sony case. That will be for my Blackberry and I can loop the handle around my purse strap. I will be so color coordinated!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #14
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Is that the standard stock case you have yours in? I am assuming I'd need different dimensions for the m-edge cover?

I actually have a convo going with her on Etsy right now. I'm so glad you posted these pictures!! How long did it take for her to make it and send it?

Thanks for sharing and enjoy!
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #15
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwickimom View Post
Is that the standard stock case you have yours in? I am assuming I'd need different dimensions for the m-edge cover?

I actually have a convo going with her on Etsy right now. I'm so glad you posted these pictures!! How long did it take for her to make it and send it?

Thanks for sharing and enjoy!
Yes, that is the standard case the Sony comes with. After I ordered it, I received a shipping notification within 2 days, and received it 3 days later.

She's amazing, and I have since ordered 4 more cases from her (for my Kindle 2, another for my Sony, and 2 gadget cases).

Last edited by disney_mommy; 08-02-2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typo.