Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #31
CribQuilter
Enthusiast
CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CribQuilter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
COngrats I am jealous. I hope you enjoy your new reader!!!
CribQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Oh, and stick close, we'll have another giveaway shortly.
I very much hope the next one won't automatically disqualify all people that do not live in USA!
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 03-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #33
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Many congratulations catsittingstill (like the name by the way) .... after you've used it a while, may one recommend a Cybook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Honestly, I'm surprised also. I thought it was just French people and Geoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I very much hope the next one won't automatically disqualify all people that do not live in USA!
Last time I looked his nibbs was on this side of the pond too .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #34
PGP_Protector
Enthusiast
PGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Congrats on the win.
PGP_Protector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #35
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We know you've been waiting patiently to find out who's taking home a brand new Kindle 2 reader -- congratulations to catsittingstill, who's now the luckiest e-book aficionado on her block! To everyone else who gave it a shot, thanks for entering. Oh, and stick close, we'll have another giveaway shortly.
My sincere Congratulations..........and you've just given me an idea for another poll!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #36
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Congrats!
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #37
dsip
Connoisseur
dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Between Devices..
/me throws a piece of jealousy at catsittingstill's head.

Congratulations! Enjoy it!
dsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #38
DebraSeattleGrrl
DebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litterDebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Smile

Lucky you!
Congratulations!
DebraSeattleGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #39
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks very much for all the congratulations; it's very kind-spirited of you all, and I appreciate it.

Yes, I did know about it a little bit beforehand (to provide my address) but only a few hours; I promised not to say anything and it was HARD, but I didn't

No, it hasn't come yet. No, not yet either. It's supposed to come Monday and I'll die if I hold my breath that long; no,--I'll pass out first and start breathing again, so that's okay then.

Yes, I'm very excited. :-) I'm particularly looking forward to trying out the controversial text-to-speech feature. I will try it out on a document of mine, so there are no copyright issues, and put up an mp3 of it reading, so people who are interested can hear it.

I have heard good things about the CyBook but haven't seen one "in liseuse" so to speak. I would be interested to see one sometime.

A piece of jealousy comes flying in out of nowhere... I fail to duck in time, and take the piece of jealousy in the face, squawking with surprise. A paper towel works to wipe it out of my eyes and get some of it out of my hair. When I'm finished my hair stands up in clumps. Okay, who threw that?

But seriously, thanks very much to MobileRead, and to Alexander for moderating/arranging the giveaway. I'm happy to hear there will be another soon, (one that won't be restricted to the US, too) and wish all of you the very best of luck, as I have had.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #40
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Nice speech!! (clapping hands all around)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Nice speech!! (clapping hands all around)
hear hear !!! :clap clap:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #42
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
I think catsittingstill *could* be the next American Idol. Or at least has a very promising career as a speech writer.

Congratulations!!!

I'm not jealous at all...nope, not one bit...nada...zip...<shuffling off to corner to cry quietly>
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #43
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Congratulations and happy reading
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #44
Skyblue712
Skyblue712 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Congratulations!
Skyblue712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #45
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: AVTN8; BBMini; Onyx Boox T68; SGN8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Wait what? You means there're people over there? I thought it was just the edge of the earth?

BOb
Actually, you live off the edge of the Earth... I hope you're good friends with the dragons!

And congrats catsittingstill!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote