Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
ZAGG Invisible Shield Available for K2

If you like the clean, uncluttered look of the K2, but still want protection, the Invisible Sheild may be exactly what you're looking for. They just notified me that they have the Shield for the K2 available.

These are more than just a "skin", giving true protection for your precious Kindle. I've used them on my cell phone and PDA, and absolutely love them.

The kit includes a screen protector as well, though I'm not sure I'll use that piece, as it might add a bit of glare.

You can find the Shield for the K2 at: ZAGG Invisible Shield for K2

Last edited by BurBunny; 03-09-2009 at 12:44 PM.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
pbennett
Enthusiast
pbennett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
$35 for a screen protector!? Completely outrageous price IMO.
pbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbennett View Post
$35 for a screen protector!? Completely outrageous price IMO.
Not a screen protector - a whole body protector. But unlike most "skins" it also includes the screen protector if you want to use it.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Says it's for K2 but the picture is K1.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
pbennett
Enthusiast
pbennett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
Still outrageous IMO. You can buy leather covers for that price. Paying that much for a protective sheet. No thanks.
pbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
I had an invisible shield for one of my iPods a couple of years ago. Dirt gets under them very quickly and they leave a sticky residue on the device.
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
MarcoAD
MarcoAD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I've used the ZAGG shields on all of my past Blackberry's, including my present one the Storm. I've also used it on my wife's DS and my PSP. They can take a little skill to apply but they work awesome. I've never had a residue problem when selling my old Blackberry's. They really are worth the investment if you are looking for total protection without it being visible.

The only thing is just take your time putting them on and follow the directions.
MarcoAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
I have used ZAGG screen protectors on many of my devices, and while they are terrific, I do think they are EXTREMELY overpriced. I have latey started using BestSkinsEver protectors, and they are EXACTLY the same thing, except much cheaper ... and have a mych smaller selection (but they do add new models all the time)

http://www.bestskinsever.com

However, my biggest concern with putting these screen protectors on the Kindle (or any other eInk) screen is that they will take away the matte "paperlike" finish and will become more glary.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
BurBunny
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseKR View Post
I had an invisible shield for one of my iPods a couple of years ago. Dirt gets under them very quickly and they leave a sticky residue on the device.
Having used InvisibleSheild for a couple years on my cell phone and PDA, not really sure how you got dirt under one applied correctly. Same with the sticky residue. That goes totally against my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
However, my biggest concern with putting these screen protectors on the Kindle (or any other eInk) screen is that they will take away the matte "paperlike" finish and will become more glary.
I agree, and won't be using the "screen protector" piece for that reason. I want the body protection, as I don't really think the K needs a screen protector. I have requested Zagg make a version without the screen piece as well.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #10
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I'm curious, too. The ones I tried either add too much glare or peel off. Or both.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote