Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 05-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Full PalmOne Lifedrive details

HandheldLearning of UK has obtained an official datasheet of PalmOne's imminent Lifedrive Mobile Manager handheld. As expected, most of the rumored details are confirmed in the datasheet;
  • 4GB (3.85 GB user accessible, I presume that's the full harddrive, 3.85 being the formatted capacity)
  • Wifi (802.11b)
  • Bluetooth wireless connectivity
  • 4.76" x 2.87" x 0.74"
  • 6.8 Oz.
  • 320 x 480 pixels 65k color TFT screen
  • 416 Mhz Intel processor
  • Palm OS 5.4 Garnet
  • includes Docs To Go 7, Versamail 3.1, Pocket Tunes, Addit!, and more
The datasheet is in PDF and is 1.2MB in size.
http://www.handheldlearning.co.uk/in...picseen#msg523

via PDA24/7 and HandheldLearning.co.uk

Last edited by BobR; 05-13-2005 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Posted to Front Page
Old 05-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
nathanwms
nathanwms began at the beginning.

Device: Sharp Zaurus SL-C760
The specs still don't say how much memory this device has installed. Has anyone been able to find out this bit of info? 32mb? 64mb?

128mb would be asking too much, but I'd definitely be satisfied with 64mb in a Palm OS device.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:46 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
I agree. You don't need so much memory if all the storage is on the hard drive, so 64meg is very likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwms
The specs still don't say how much memory this device has installed. Has anyone been able to find out this bit of info? 32mb? 64mb?
128mb would be asking too much, but I'd definitely be satisfied with 64mb in a Palm OS device.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
Did anyone notice that it says you can open Adobe Acrobat documents?
I've yet to have a pda that could read those things well because Adobe Reader is a pain in the neck to use. Maybe it's part of DocToGo now?
Old 05-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #5
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
Ahhh... If only I had $500 + Canadian exchange rate just lying around somewhere... Sounds very cool...

Oh well, I'll just continue using my Clie and Zaurus.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T3, HTC Wizard
The PDF format has been supported by DocumentsToGo for quite a while now.
There's also the rather excellent RepliGo application which I personally prefer and can heartily recommend.