Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #61
elainevdw
elainevdw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Another vote here for Lord of the Rings, lol. Loved the Hobbit, but I just could not finish LotR. And to whoever said the same of Wheel of Time -- yeah, I really enjoyed the first few books, but then they started to go downhill and I stopped reading them. I vaguely remember that he ended one book with one of the main characters in peril, then only mentioned this character ONCE in the next book. Whatever, if the author doesn't care about his characters, guess I shouldn't either. :P

I've also started the Brothers Karamozov like twice, and can't get through it. Not quite sure why, but now that I've got an e-reader to mitigate hauling the gigantic tome around with me everywhere, I think I'll give it another try. I really want to at least finish it (if not love it) because one of my college professors opined that it was the greatest novel ever written...
elainevdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #62
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
The Universe in a Nutshell. By Stephen Hawking.

Unfortunately it was the Audible version. AS READ BY Stephen Hawking! My own fault for not checking who the narrator was before buying.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #63
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
The Universe in a Nutshell. By Stephen Hawking.

Unfortunately it was the Audible version. AS READ BY Stephen Hawking! My own fault for not checking who the narrator was before buying.

I'm really suprised they had him do the audio.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote