Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
SandieK
SandieK began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Yet Another Newbie

Ey all! Was sort of introduced to this forum via a mention on twitter (follow me, if you want, same screen name), though they were talking to someone else. I figured that since Id be the owner of an iPod touch within the next month or so, this would be a good place to start.
So...yeah. Hi!
SandieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandieK View Post
Ey all! Was sort of introduced to this forum via a mention on twitter (follow me, if you want, same screen name), though they were talking to someone else. I figured that since Id be the owner of an iPod touch within the next month or so, this would be a good place to start.
So...yeah. Hi!
Welcome to MobileRead, SandieK. There are lots of good books to download here, lots of great info, and friendly helpful people.

Yell out if you have questions, and haunt the threads for knowledge...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome!

My iPod touch has been languishing in my purse for the past month. It dies too fast (but I play games on it, and they suck up a lot of energy).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi SandieK and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hi SandieK. (Off topic: I know a Sandy in North Carolina; but she's Sandy G.) Welcome to MobileRead. It's a great place to learn all about electronic books and the devices used to read them. It also houses a fantastic repository of books ready for the downloading.

I took a look at the iPhone a while back since I'm already an AT&T subscriber and I decided it didn't meet my needs for a phone as I really want one that doesn't have a camera in it. But, I've been thinking that an iPod touch might be handy because of its Wi-Fi capability. From the little bit of research I've been able to do (I don't have iTunes on this computer and every link I hit seems to require it) -- looks like you'll be using Stanza to read books on your Touch. I wonder how that would compare to the Mobipocket Reader I have on my Blackberry.

Oh well, enough day dreaming for now. I've put my hubby on notice that I might be asking for the iPod touch for my birthday.

We're glad you've joined us and will look forward to your reports on your experiences with your iPod touch.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
SandieK
SandieK began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Who knows, at some point in time it may be either or both. I plan on getting the iPod touch soonish, but more than likely my next phone will be a blackberry or something.
Why not just get the phone and have both? The main reason for the iPod is a portable music player. I need all 32 of those gigs. The 87 1/2 billion other apps that you can get with it sure look handy though.
Also, Elsi, kind of amused...I was disappointed that the iPod didnt have the camera. Oh well.

Mostly Id just rather keep the two things as seperate entities.
SandieK is offline   Reply With Quote